Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

9.01.2015

Monthly Goals | September

Recap | August Goals
1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night | I'm a little bit bummed, because I didn't get a solid 7 hours every single night this month, but I do have to say I made huge improvements in my sleeping this month!  I'd say I got at least 7 hours of sleep about 75-80% of the time, which is way better than my track record the rest of the month.  Now that I'm back to work, I've been trying hard to get in bed by 9:00, and it hasn't been too bad!

2. Blog at least twice each week | Hooray!  I blogged 8 times in August, which is approximately twice a week.  I feel good about this goal, and it felt good to post a bit more regularly.

3. Read 1,000 pages in August | I absolutely crushed this goal!  I read well over 1,500 pages in August, which shakes out to 6 complete books.  I'm also currently in the middle of two other books (one audiobook and one e-book).  Since I've been back to work, I haven't been as much of a reading machine - I can only get through a few pages before I fall asleep - but it feels good to continue reading.  And...I'm still planning on putting together a book post.  I just need to write it.

4. Finish painting the kitchen | Yes!  A couple of weekends ago, Kevin and I decided to tackle a bunch of our house projects.  Kevin worked a ton in the yard while I finished painting the kitchen.  It feels so great to finally be done with the awful minty green that covered our kitchen walls!  We are almost done putting our new house together!

5. Set a date for an open house | Nope, we didn't get this done either.  We have discussed our open house, but we haven't set a date yet.  To be completely honest, life has been incredibly busy and we just don't want to talk about planning a party quite yet, haha.  But rest assured...it's going to happen.

Not too shabby.  I'm going to give myself a 3.5/5 for accomplishing August's goals :)

September Goals
I only have one goal for this month: Prioritize self-care.  I'm back into the swing of things at work, and that means I need to be much more intentional about how I'm spending my time.  I've been struggling lately a lot with my mental health, as well.  I'm anxious, feeling a bit depressed, and am struggling with feelings of self-consciousness and shitty body image.  Quite frankly, it's been rough.  I need to do whatever I can to continue taking care of myself and improve my mental health.  I'm not 100% sure exactly what steps I'm going to take this month to take care of myself, but I certainly know it's something I deserve and need.

What are your goals for September?

I am also super excited that Nicole, one of my all-time favorite bloggers and the inspiration for my monthly goal posts

No comments: