Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.19.2015

The Right to Bare Arms

Dress: Old Navy | Sandals: Target | Scarf: Gift

Well, looky here!  It's our deck!  I was able to finagle some kind of tripod so I could take outfit photos outside this past weekend, and I'd say it turned out alright!  I'm hoping I'll be able to take photos a bit more regularly now that I've figured out a way to take them outside, at least until it gets cold outside (I feel like I say this all the time...we'll see what actually happens...).

I've worn this exact outfit a couple of times this summer, because I like it so much.  I've mentioned before that I'm finally starting to get more comfortable with repeating outfits that I like and feel good in, and I've been doing it a lot more often this summer than I have in the past.  I'm also proud of myself for not being afraid of wearing sleeveless things anymore.  I used to think that bigger girls had to wear sleeves to cover their arms, but as I've grown older, I've realized I don't really care about the rules of what I "can" and "can't" wear.  I've been baring my arms all summer and it feels great to be confident enough to do just that.  After years of feeling like I need to cover up my body, limit what I wear, and feel shame about my size, I love that I'm slowly starting to embrace what makes me feel confident and pretty instead of hiding behind my clothes.  And that means that I'm going to bare my arms and legs.  I'm going to wear a two-piece swimsuit.  I'm going to wear leggings as pants.  I'm going to wear what I like.  And that's okay.

No comments: