Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.24.2015

Weekend Recap and a Purple Tank

Tank: Gap, thrifted | Jeans: Kohls | Sandals: Target | Necklace: Eclectic Wendy Designs

It feels weird to be blogging this outfit right now as it's currently 57 degrees and cloudy...I'm currently wearing these same jeans but also with a college sweatshirt and my slippers.  I'm so not complaining, though - the chilly weather we have had in Minnesota the past two days has been delightful!  I am loving wearing my cardigans and long-sleeved shirts! :)

We had a super busy weekend.  On Friday evening, we took our annual family pictures with my mom's side of the family.  It's a fun tradition that has been going on for many years - and it's so cool to look back at all of our previous pictures and see how the families have grown.  This year, we added two new members: my cousin's son, Nolan, and my brother's new fiance, Rachel.  It's so exciting to have a growing, happy family!!  I'll probably share some of our photos on the blog in the next week or two.

On Saturday, Kevin and I spent most of the day doing projects in and around the house.  I finally painted our kitchen...something that we've put off for over two months now.  It feels so great to get the painter's tape off the walls and say goodbye to the horrid mint green kitchen!!  We also did a lot of work in our backyard.  The previous homeowners did almost no landscaping and/or yard maintenance, so we've had a ton of work to do to make it look more presentable.  We have plans to put in some vegetable gardens next spring/summer, so we're trying to clean things up to get ready for that project.  We still need to hang up our artwork (and order a couple of photo canvases to hang in our living room and dining room), but we're getting closer and closer to being done!  I cannot wait to finish it all and share our home with y'all!

On Sunday, we ventured to the Mall of America to find some work pants for Kevin's new job (he's working with an organization that helps low-income students get into and succeed in college!  This also means he's working days again, so we actually get to see each other now!!!).  We struck out, but we were able to enjoy some lunch at the mall anyway.  In the evening, we went to my parents' house for dinner and games with them and my brother and his fiance.  It has been so wonderful to live close to our families again - we can all hang out so much more, now!  We enjoyed great food and laughed a ton, and talked about wedding plans as well.  Such an exciting time in our family! :)

Anyway...about the outfit.  Really, there isn't a ton to say, other than I've really been enjoying wearing tank tops (now that I don't care about showing my arms) with jeans this summer.  I loved wearing outfits like this when I was nannying, because they were comfortable to move around in and play with the girls (we had lots of dance parties and musical singalongs this summer), but I also felt put together.  I especially love this tank top because the studs/sparkles add a built-in detail.

What did you do this weekend?  Tell me all about it :)

No comments: