Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.31.2015

Budgeting Bloggers | August

Whoa, we're already to the end of another month!  And you know what that means...time for another installment of Budgeting Bloggers!

This month, I did a little thrifting and I did a little shopping at Target for some basics (and one bonus piece...).

Goodwill
  • Sleeveless chambray dress: Ralph Lauren, $5
  • Long-sleeved chambray dress: Old Navy, $5
  • Pink lace romper (pictured above): New York & Company, $14 (New with tags, originally $70!)
Target
Total spent in August: $78

I purchased the long-sleeved tees because I needed something basic to wear to work and on the weekends, that I could dress up or down with scarves or necklaces, skirts or jeans, etc.  I took a risk by getting a color I don't typically reach for (a rusty orange), but I just couldn't help but love the color, and I really do think I'll be wearing it a lot this fall and winter.  The moto vest is something I've been drooling over at Target for months (seriously, I touched it every time I went to Target...), and I've already worn it twice in the two weeks I've had it.

The Goodwill items were definitely not planned, but I'm so excited about all of them.  I went to Goodwill to help Kevin pick up some shirts for his new job, and while I was waiting for him to try everything on, I saw these items hanging on the dress rack and knew I had to try them on.  The chambray dresses (totally necessary to have two chambray dresses, right??) are very different from each other, but they're both super comfortable.  In fact, I wore one for our family photos last weekend :)  As for the romper, I totally expected it to look horrible on me, like all the other rompers I've tried out.  However, I actually loved the way this romper looks on me.  It's such a fun, vibrant color, and I love that it's lace!  It's so much fun!  One of my coworkers is having a wedding reception this weekend (she got married in May in Arizona, so is having a reception for all her family and friends this weekend), and I'm thinking about wearing my romper to the wedding reception with some black wedges.  We'll see ;)

I'm linking up with Fran and the other budgeting bloggers.

No comments: