Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

7.06.2015

Weekend Recap + Another Old Outfit!

Tee + Cardigan: Old Navy | Pants: Kohls | Flats: Payless | Scarf: Gift

Oh look!  Another boring outfit from April!  I'm the worst and haven't taken any outfit photos since May, but I had a few leftover, unblogged outfits that I will just share with y'all until I finally take some new photos.  I've really been enjoying my summer of wearing the most unexciting outfits ever, haha.

But let's do a little weekend recap!  That's much more interesting!

Friday was Kevin's birthday, and we were able to spend the whole day together, which was so much fun!  We rode our bikes 8 miles to Seward Cafe, a fantastic restaurant with tons of vegetarian and vegan food.  Seward Cafe encourages its patrons to actually converse with those around them, so it  has a no cell phone rule.  The first time I went there, it was a strange feeling to not be able to check my phone, but as I've gone there more and more, it is actually very freeing.  When you look around you, the other patrons are talking with each other, playing games together (there is a wall of games you can bring to your table), or single diners are reading books or just enjoying their food.  It's a great place to check out if you're ever in the Twin Cities!

After our bike ride back home, we showered and watched an episode of Orange Is the New Black (we're slowly making our way through the third seasons - omg so good!) before going out for dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery and enjoying a fantastic comedy show at Brave New Workshop downtown with Kevin's best friend Mike.  The food was delicious (I had a margherita pizza), and the company was great.  The show we saw was called Mad Vax: Beyond Measledome, and it was hilaaarious (you can read a review of the show here)...tons of satire about the anti-vax movement, a great sketch about "evilution," and some great one-liners about how/where the apocalypse starts.  It also had plenty of references to the newest Mad Max movie (which, by the way, is SO GOOD) - it had Kevin, Mike, and I howling with laughter.  After the show, we went to a bonfire at one of Mike and Kevin's friends' houses for some beer, more laughter, and good discussion.  It was a totally Kevin-centric day, and it was awesome.

Saturday was the 4th of July.  I spent the afternoon at my mom and dad's house playing games with my parents, grandparents, brother, and a family friend.  It was so much fun to spend time with them all!  In the evening, I went to Kevin's parents' house with the dogs and we ate food, played games, and played our annual game of midnight badminton (there are holiday lights on the net and we use an LED-lit birdie so we can play in the dark).  So much fun!

Sunday was a very quiet day.  I basically stayed at home and did a little reading, a little cleaning, and a little napping (oops).  I did have a friend from college over to catch up.  Our new house is just about two miles from her house, which is so exciting!  She and I haven't seen each other in two years, so it was fantastic to have the opportunity to just sit on our deck and enjoy each other's company.  Such a blast!  Have I mentioned how much I love living back in the Twin Cities?!  I do.  I love it.

I hope y'all had a great weekend, too!  What were your highlights?

No comments: