Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

7.31.2015

Budgeting Bloggers | July

I finished up a year of no shopping at the end of May, and was glad to report that I did no shopping in June either.  However, I did do a bit of shopping this month...all of which I'm super excited about!
Goodwill purchases (1)
Goodwill purchases (2)
The Target sandals I bought are no longer available online, but this is what they look like.

Goodwill
  • Denim vest: Maurices, $5
  • Purple studded tank: Gap, $7
  • Chambray tunic: Old Navy, $5
  • Giraffe print top: Ann Taylor, $6
  • Cream waterfall cardigan: LOFT, $6
  • Gray/black lace cardigan: The Limited, $4
  • Blush short-sleeved sweater: Lou & Grey, $5
  • White/black studded blouse: Rock & Republic, $5
  • Gray/black striped sweater: Mossimo, $5
  • Gray/black leopard tunic: Fever, $2
  • Mint/black exercise top: Ryka, $9 (New with tags, originally $60!!)
  • White sheer tank: Cabi, $3
  • Black dress: Merona, $5
  • Brown maxi dress: Motherhood Maternity, $4 (New with tags, originally $40!)
  • Gray/black polka dot skirt: Elle, $3
  • Brown/black/cream patterned tank: Mossimo, $5
Target
  • Bronze Birks: $17
  • Black Birks: $17
Total: $113

I have already blogged about my Goodwill shopping trip earlier this month and how thrilled I am with all of my new pieces.  However, I also found two pairs of wannabe Birkenstock sandals on clearance at Target this month.  I couldn't decide on a color so I bought both a black pair and a bronze pair.  THEY ARE AMAZING.

Honestly, I've worn at least one of these new items nearly every day throughout all of July.  Some of the items (giraffe print top, gray/black polka dot skirt, gray/black striped sweater, for instance) I haven't worn yet because either the weather is too warm or because they're a bit nice for my very casual summer routine, but I am eager to pull them out this fall for work and when it cools down!

From here, my goal is to hit up Goodwill every couple of months or so just to see if there's anything new I could add to my closet.  I don't feel like I really need a ton right now, but I also have heard rumblings that we're getting a new, strict dress code at my school.  If that's the case, I'm likely going to need to purchase a few new things to round out my work wardrobe.

I'm linking up with Fran and the other budgeting bloggers.

No comments: