Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

6.20.2015

Howdy, Strangers!

Oh my goodness - I can't believe it's been well over two weeks since I've posted!  Life has been insane lately, and blogging has definitely taken a backseat.  However, things are starting to settle down again so I'm hoping to post a bit more regularly soon!

Here's what I've been up to over in June so far...
...I finished up my first year of school counseling on June 4!  It was a fantastic year, full of learning, growing, laughing, and stressing (ha!).  The last several weeks of the school year were pretty intense, as I worked hard to make sure my seniors were set to graduate.  However, the support of my colleagues, Kevin, and family, we made it through!!  I'm glad to have the summer off to rejuvenate :)
...Kevin and I closed on our new house (which you can see a tiny bit of behind us in this picture) on June 5!  We've been so busy packing and unpacking, fixing up the house, and settling into our new home (omg!).  We live in St. Paul now, which is where we met during college - so fun to be back near our old stompin' grounds!  Plus, we're so close to our families now...in fact, my brother lives only 10 minutes away from us - the closest we've lived since we were in high school together 11 years ago!!  I'm hoping to get some pictures of the new house to share with you once we're settled in.  Kevin and I also celebrated our five year anniversary on June 18th.  It is crazy to think that we've already been married for five years - life has been pretty darn good for us throughout our marriage, and we're so excited to see what will happen in the next five years!
...We have been celebrating the upcoming birth of our first niece (due August 1!).  My mother-in-law (on the right) and I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law Stephanie (in the coral - she's got the cutest baby bump right now!) last weekend and attended another shower for her the weekend before that.  It has been so much fun to start spoiling Baby B :)  I was even able to feel her kicking around and hiccuping in her mama's belly, which was the coolest thing EVER!  I can't wait to snuggle her for real when she arrives in just a month and a half!
...I went with my parents to see our favorite band, Barenaked Ladies, in concert along with Colin Hay from Men at Work and The Violent Femmes.  We had such a fun night rocking out to BNL, and might I add that the people-watching was fantastic!!  Haha!
...These gorgeous peonies came from our garden at the new house!  They smell so wonderful and have done a wonderful job of brightening up our yard and kitchen!
...I went to the Shout House (dueling pianos!!) with some of my coworkers this past week for 80s Night!  All of the songs they played were from the 80s, which was pretty entertaining.  We had a blast singing along to some of our favorite songs and enjoying each other's company.  I absolutely adore these women!
...I went to the Minnesota Twins game last night with my cousin Katie and her good friend Derek.  It was so much fun to catch up with both of them - and the Twins won, too!  I love that I'm back in the Twin Cities and near my family and friends now so I can do these kinds of things :)  Woo!

I also started nannying for the same girls I nannied last summer, which has been keeping me busy as well.  They've grown so much over the past school year, and it's so fun to be back with them, hanging out and talking about Harry Potter ;)

So, that's what I've been up to over the past several weeks.  Needless to say, it's been a bit of a whirlwind.  We're also still without internet at our new house, so I've been heading to our local library to do a little bit of blogging, emailing, Facebooking, Instagramming, Twittering, etc.  I'm enjoying living so close to the library so that I can spend a little time here in the meantime, but I'm really eager to get our internet set up...mostly so that I can watch the new season of Orange Is the New Black!! ;)

Thanks so much for reading and sticking with me in my accidental blogging hiatus!  More posts will be on their way soon!  Have a great weekend :)

No comments: