Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.11.2015

Old Navy Order + Review

A couple of weeks ago, I placed an order at Old Navy, because not only were they having a 40% off sale, but I also wanted to use up the last of my rewards before paying off my Old Navy credit card and closing the account.  I had been eyeing a few things on the site for awhile and wanted to see if any of those items would work for me.  So...here are some crappy photos of what I got (excuse the dog beds on the floor behind me...).
First up: this skirt.  I typically don't really like how skirts look on me, but I've been trying to get over that and see if I can find a skirt that I like.  I loved the little floral print on this one, and the coral color is right up my alley.  I really liked the smocked waist as well - so comfy!  However, I'm pretty sure this skirt is getting returned.  It's too sheer for my liking, and I don't think it would be as versatile as I would like it to be.  [I ordered it in a large.]
I've wanted a black circle skirt for ages now, and I thought this one might be a winner.  I had tried on a size extra large in the store awhile ago (they only had smalls and extra larges in the store), and it was huge on me.  When I had the opportunity to order it in a large online, I jumped on it.  I was so disappointed when this one arrived and was too snug.  Like, I look like a snowman in it.  NOT CUTE.  Needless to say, this one is going back and the hunt for a stretchy black circle skirt is back on.
I already have this dress in black and gray...why not get it in coral (my favorite color to wear!!!) as well?  This style of dress is perfect for my body.  It's soft and stretchy, and because it is long enough and has sleeves, I can wear it to work, on weekends, etc.  Get ready to see this one a ton... [I have this in a large.]
Okay, now here is where I need a little help, I think.  I really like the style of these peplum tanks.  I generally find peplum to be flattering for people with my body type, and I like that it disguises the part of my body I struggle with the most - my stomach.  I ordered these in a large tall, as I find that oftentimes, Old Navy's tops are too short on me (I'm 5'8", so I don't quite fit into the "tall" category, but I order things in tall more often than not...).  I'm so glad I ordered these in a tall, because they absolutely would not have worked if they were any shorter.  I like the peplum and the way it falls on me, but I'm just not sold.  They look kind of awkward on me.  Maybe it's because they're sleeveless and I rarely wear anything without sleeves?  Maybe it's because I'm wearing slouchy jeans instead of shorts or skinny jeans like I would with these tops regularly?  Maybe it's because I'm wearing a crappy bra here?  Haha.  Who knows.  I really think these tops could get some great wear in my closet, but I'm just like 2% nervous that they look awful on me.  Help me decide!! [Oh, and for the record, the one on the right is navy with very thin white stripes...which you can't see here, because, crappy cell phone selfies...]

Have you ordered anything from Old Navy recently?  Any winners?

No comments: