Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.04.2015

Monthly Goals | May

Recap | April Goals
1. Create a blogging schedule for the month and stick to it - take two | Okay, I'm struggling with this goal so much, y'all.  Due to my busy schedule, inconsistency in taking outfit photos, and desire to spend less time on my computer, I'm having a hard time coming up with a consistent blog schedule.  I'm tired of feeling guilty about how much I'm posting, so I'm going to try something new.  I'm not incredibly interested in growing my blog too much (I love the size of my blog and how I feel like I can establish and maintain relationships with all my blog friends), so I'm not going to focus on participating in linkups each and every week (although, there are some that I love to join in with, so I'll for sure continue with a handful of them!).  I'd like to try to post as often as I can, but I'm going to remove the pressure to post 5 times a week and post when I have the time and desire.

2. Establish a post-work routine | Done!  I absolutely love my post-work routine right now.  I come home from work, play with the dogs, and immediately work out (I've been doing these walking videos on YouTube, which are actually a great workout!).  Afterwards, I do a little cleaning around the house (I typically do one chore each day).  Then, I plop in our recliner with a book and read for about an hour while I eat dinner.  Then, I put on a show on Netflix (or a movie) and work on my computer for 1-2 hours (reading and commenting on blogs, writing blog posts, catching up on social media, etc.).  It's so relaxing and I feel really productive, haha.

3. Work on de-cluttering the house | This is definitely still a work in progress, but I'm making good headway.  I've begun to purge my closet (although I want to go through it again with an ever finer toothed comb), and I've gone through my accessories, the bathroom cabinets, my purse collection, and some old makeup/nail polish.  I'm ready to tackle the kitchen and our bookshelves next!

4. Watch a movie | I was all excited to watch Into the Woods and Les Miserables during April, but I actually didn't make the time to watch them.  However, when I was sick for a week, I decided I wanted to try and watch a few movies from my Netflix queue.  I think my favorite one I watched was Struck By Lightning - it wasn't anything special, but I found it to be entertaining :)  I have made plans to watch some movie musicals in the future, though - I got Kevin to agree to watch Into the Woods with me, woo!!!

5. Focus, focus, focus at work | This, like my third goal, is still a work in progress.  We have 4 weeks left of school, so I still definitely have projects to work on...however, I have checked so much off my massive to-do list and have removed so many sticky notes from my desk!  Hopefully I can take the motivation I had during April and keep it up through May as well!

Completing 4 out of 5 goals isn't too bad, right?

May Goals
1. Go without candy for a month | I'm a total candy nut.  I love candy and it's a total weakness for me.  However, I know that my love of candy is not helping my desire to lose weight at all.  I'm really interested in decreasing my sugar intake, and by eliminating candy for a month, I'm hoping it will be a great jump start to overcoming my sugar addiction.  I even got my parents to join me in a month without candy!

2. Try out a new lip color | I really dislike lipstick because I hate how it feels on my lips, but I am all about the tinted lip balms.  Several years ago, I purchased a few Burt's Bees tinted lip shimmers, and I loved them.  I love that they give me a little extra color while still moisturizing my lips and feeling more like a lip balm than a heavy lipstick or gloss.  I picked up a few others at Target recently, and I want to try wearing them more regularly (I'm typically a Cherry Chapstick or Carmex kind of girl, so something with color is a little outside of my comfort zone).

3. Get back on my bike | I haven't ridden my bike since October, and I am SO excited to get back on it.  I need to put some air in the tires (luckily, there is a new gas station with free air right across the street from our house, so that shouldn't be too hard to get done), and I should be good to go!  Kevin and I can't wait to get back out on the country roads for some great long rides together.

4. Catch up on reading blogs | I currently have just under 500 unread posts in my reader right now (ughhhh).  I don't know why, but I just can't seem to stay caught up with blogs these days (it doesn't help that while I may comment on 50 posts one night, the next day 50 more posts are published, haha).  I really want to prioritize catching up on the old posts so that I don't feel so overwhelmed by all the unread posts every day.

5. Work on Spanish skills | I took several years of Spanish in high school and loved it!  I still remember quite a bit of it, but I know I've lost a lot of my skills.  I've wanted to improve my Spanish skills for years, but now that I work in a school district that has many Spanish-speaking students, I think it could be really helpful for me to brush up on my Spanish so I can communicate more effectively with my students and their families.  Several years ago, I bought a handful of old Spanish textbooks on half.com, and I've slowly been working my way through them.  I haven't made any progress with them since about January, so I want to see if I can sneak some Spanish into my weekly routine.  Plus, the girls I nanny attend a Spanish immersion school, so I would love to be able to speak in Spanish with them this summer to get some practice in.  [And yes, I realize it is incredibly nerdy to want to "do homework" in my free time, but I am a super nerd and this actually really excites me, hahaha.]

What are your goals for May?

No comments: