Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.15.2015

Four Things Friday | 12

Dress [Top 10 item] + Leggings: Old Navy | Scarf: Gift | Shoes: Payless

I loooove this outfit.  I've been really into wearing dresses with leggings and flats lately - it's the perfect way to transition dresses into warmer weather without needing to wear tights or boots.  Plus, I don't know why, but I love the look of leggings with flats.  While this outfit isn't anything spectacular or anything, I like how the leopard flats and coral scarf give it a little life.

I'm back with another Four Things Friday, too!  Today, I'm going to share with you four songs that I love.

Some Fantastic | I've shared with y'all a few times that Barenaked Ladies is my all-time favorite band and has been since I was 6 years old.  "Some Fantastic" is one of the songs that immediately makes me happy when I hear it - in fact, it used to be my ring tone, haha.  I love this version of the song - the two lead singers (Ed, on guitar, and Steve, who is no longer in the band, booooo) are singing it in the bathroom for one of their Bathroom Sessions.  I just like how you can see their personalities, and I love how stripped down it is as well.  I am seeing BNL in concert in June again (for I think the 10th or 11th time??), and I can't wait!  They are such great musicians, and they are so entertaining in concert!

Try | The first time I heard this song, I thought it was pretty good.  I love acoustic music, and Colbie Caillat is a favorite of mine.  I liked the lyrics, too.  A few months later, I saw the music video for this song, and I have to admit to you that I openly wept nearly the entire video.  Listening to the song and watching the video for it was such an emotional experience for me.  As I've wrestled with my own body image and have worked through disordered eating and learning how to love myself, this song has hit me like a ton of bricks.  I don't need to try hard to look beautiful...I already am.  I sing the chorus of this song to myself frequently when I'm having a rough day and struggling with accepting my body.

Somebody That I Used to Know (Pentatonix version) | Okay, I'm know that people are really over this song, but I actually really like it (even the original Gotye version).  I'm absolutely in love with the Pentatonix version, however.  Ever since they were on The Sing-Off, I have been a huge Pentatonix fan.  I find the group to be so talented and innovative, and I love that they're just normal people who happen to be incredible singers and have started to get famous.  This particular version of the song just shows off how beautiful all of their voices are, both individually and as a group.  Plus, I find the video to be captivating.  [For the record, I also really love this version, by Ingrid Michaelson - another of my all-time favorite artists!]

I Choose You | Sara Bareilles is so effing amazing.  I absolutely love her music, and I love who she is as a person as well.  This song is adorable and so catchy, and I find myself singing it in the shower all the time.  If you haven't seen it yet, you have to watch the music video.  Sara sang at two couples' proposals, which is all documented in the music video.  Both of the stories are so cute, but I think it's awesome that she included a lesbian couple her video.  I am so supportive of LGBT rights and gay marriage, so I give Sara a lot of credit for featuring Aly and Andrea.  Seriously, I get goosebumps every time I watch this thing.

Alright, y'all - what are some songs you love?  Send me some of your favorites!!

No comments: