Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.06.2015

Currently | May

Another month, another installment of the Currently linkup with Anne and Jenna!

Designing | Kevin and I have never really done a lot of decorating in any of the places we've lived before.  A lot of it is because we've never been somewhere that feels very permanent...and we've never been able to paint the walls (we've had to deal with plain white or "eggshell" - both of which kind of make me gag).  Now that we'll be moving into our own house, I am so excited to be able to start decorating the way we want to.  I've been designing (in my head, and a little bit on my Pinterest boards) our new living room, bedroom, etc.  So much fun!
Our living room furniture is forest green (like the second color from the left), and our new house has a brown brick fireplace...I'm thinking that a color palette like this could be nice...

Enjoying | I took last Friday afternoon off of work, and I spent it with my cousin Katie, and her 5-month-old son, Nolan.  Nolan was asleep when I arrived, so I got to catch up with Katie for quite awhile (which, by the way, was wonderful).  We have been close for most of our entire lives (she's two years younger than me), and were best friends in high school (I was her chauffeur for my junior and senior years), but we haven't lived in the same area since I graduated from high school (in 2006).  We're both much better at talking face-to-face than we are via texting or talking on the phone, so having the opportunity to catch up face-to-face is such a gift!  When Nolan woke up, Katie plunked him in my arms and I was so excited to get baby snuggles (he's seriously the snuggliest kid everrrr), feed him, and listen to his adorable squealing and babbling.  I loved having the opportunity to hang out with my cousin and her darling son!!

Ordering | I recently took advantage of a 40% off sale at Old Navy and used the rest of my rewards to place an order for some new clothing items.  I ordered a few tops (this is one of them), a couple of skirts (here is one), and this dress in coral (don't judge me for having three of these now...).  I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a review post of what I ordered and how the items worked out for me, if y'all are okay with that.

Celebrating | This past weekend, my family celebrated my brother's graduation from college!  I'm so excited for him - it's been a long journey for him, and he has actually been finishing up his bachelor's degree while going through his first year of graduate school.  AKA, he's been busy this past year...and he's also nuts a little bit ;)  But in all seriousness, it was so wonderful to watch him walk across that stage and get his diploma.  I'm such a sucker for graduation ceremonies!  [Also, Winona LaDuke was the commencement speaker, and she's freaking amazing.  She was such a captivating speaker and she has the greatest messages about social justice.  I want to read all of her books now!!]

Kevin and me with Ian!  Hooray!!  [Also, sorry about the squinty faces - it was so sunny!!]

Tasting | Okay, so I may not be eating candy right now (I'm going without it for the month of May), but I'm still eating ice cream.  Kevin and I are total Ben & Jerry's junkies.  Our local grocery store stopped carrying my favorite flavor (dumb), so I've had to find another flavor.  I had heard about the new cookie butter flavors Ben & Jerry's released a few months back, and when I decided to try out the Peanut Buttah Cookie Core flavor, I was kind of hooked.  Now, it's really peanut buttery, but I happen to love peanut butter, so it's perfect.  And I want to find out where I can buy the peanut butter cookie butter - omg DELICIOUS.

No comments: