Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.13.2015

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I'm switching things up a little bit today, and talking about some of my current favorite products!!
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer | I mentioned in my May Goals post that I wanted to experiment with some more lip colors.  I'm typically a cherry Chapstick girl, but I've been trying to play with lip color a bit more.  I first tried out these Burt's Bees lip shimmers several years ago in an attempt to look more sophisticated without buying actual lipstick.  [I've always found lipstick to dry my lips out, so I was looking for tinted lip balms instead.]  I've been hooked on these since!  I usually only wear these on "special occasions," but I'm trying to be a bit more bold and wear them on "regular" days as well. Below, you can see how I wore the shade "Rhubarb" on Mother's Day.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat | I love having my fingernails painted, but I hate having to wait ages for them to dry.  When I was in grad school, I was lamenting to a friend of mine that I never had  a large enough chunk of time to paint my nails.  She, who always had beautifully manicured nails, recommended that I try out an instant dry top coat - it's how she was always able to have painted nails!  I picked up this bottle, and it's made such a difference.  It has actually allowed me to paint my fingernails once in a while, because it doesn't need to be such a big, long process.

SoapBox Coconut Oil Shampoo & Conditioner | As I mentioned yesterday, I'm love products that have global missions.  When I was given the opportunity to review SoapBox shampoo and conditioner, I was so excited about it.  SoapBox products are sulfate- and paraben-free, and are made with natural oils.  Also, with each SoapBox purchase, a child in need is provided with one month of clean water - isn't that awesome?!  Now that's a mission I can get behind.  The shampoo and conditioner I was sent is coconut scented - mmmm!  It brings me right back to college when I was obsessed with this coconut shampoo and conditioner that has since been discontinued.  I love how fresh it smells, and I truly feel like it's helped to moisturize and thicken my hair.  I'm really pleased with these products, and I'm so happy to have been introduced to a brand that has a mission I feel good about supporting.

Aveeno CC Cream | For years and years, I've been using a daily face moisturizer with sunscreen to protect my skin (#palegirlprobz).  It wasn't until I was in college that my cousin told me about tinted face moisturizers with SPF.  As someone who hates caking makeup all over my face, I've never used foundation, bronzer, or toner (are those even the right words to use?  I'm such a makeup dummy.), but every once in a while, I felt like I needed to even out my skin tone.  A tinted face moisturizer with SPF is the perfect solution! I used to use a Neutrogena variety, but it was only SPF 15, and eventually my local Target stopped carrying it.  I needed a replacement.  As I searched through the aisles at Target, I was so excited to find this Aveeno tinted moisturizer with SPF 30.  I've been using this product for about a year now, and I'm only halfway through my second bottle of it...and I wear it every single day.  It goes such a long way!

Redken Wax Blast | I've been using this finishing spray-wax for a couple of years as well.  It's been great for all of my different hairstyles over the past couple of years, ranging from the bob I had when I first started blogging, to the pixie cut I had a year or so ago, to the bob I have again now.  It's been a great finishing spray for every style along my hair journey.  I like that it gives my hair some texture and grit (it gives it a messy look that I really love), but it also helps it stay in place as well and keeps it from falling flat.  Bonus?  The smell of it reminds me of my grandpa (he was a barber and I remember spending lots of time in his basement when he'd cut my dad's and brother's hair - the smell of this wax spray reminds me of some kind of product he used to have and use).

How about y'all?  Have you ever used any of these products?  What are you liking right now?

I was selected by Influenster to review the SoapBox Shampoo & Conditioner.  They sent me the products - all thoughts and opinions are my own!

No comments: