Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.07.2015

Spring Transitions | Sweater Dresses!

On their blogs for the next month, Anne and Shea are hosting a linkup all about spring style.  Each week will have a different theme: spring transitions, spring essentials, spring inspirations, and spring celebrations.  Today, I'll share one of my favorite ways to transition some of my colder-weather pieces into the warmer weather of the spring.

We talk a lot in the blogging world about "winterizing" a warmer weather clothing item...but you can certainly "springify" colder weather items as well!  I love sweater dresses and fleece dresses, and even though the sun is shining and the temperatures are rising, I don't tuck them away right away.  I just switch up how I style these items!  I typically wear these kinds of dresses with tights, boots, and scarves in the winter to stay warm, but in the spring, I can wear those same items with leggings (full-length or cropped) or even with bare legs!  I swap the boots for flats and the scarf for a necklace, and I'm set to go.

I have documented such outfits on my blog before, as you can see in the two outfits below.
one | two

Wearing a 3/4 sleeve sweater dress (like the camel + black striped one I used to have) is a great happy medium - the shorter sleeves offset the heavier material, so you're still cozy in the cool mornings or when it's windy or rainy, but your wrists are free in case you get a little toasty.  I have worn this gray sequined sweater dress all year round for this exact reason!

These two outfits would also nicely transition a sweater dress into spring.
The ever-classy Pippa Middleton | Jules in Flats

How do you transition your winter pieces into the spring?


No comments: