Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.23.2015

Spring Inspirations | Gold

So sorry for the lack of blogging this week!  I've had an eventful several days!  I left work a little early with several of my coworkers on Friday so we could drive up to a casino in northern Minnesota to an Air Supply concert.  One of my coworkers is getting married in May, so it was a bachelorette party.  We stayed overnight and had a fantastic evening enjoying snacks and beverages, playing Songburst (I was the youngest one there by 20 years but still was able to identify almost all of the lyrics - what can I say?  I'm an old soul!!), and laughing until the wee hours of the morning.  Even though I'm significantly younger than all of these women, I can't tell you how much I love them all.  They're so much fun and I get along with them all swimmingly.  We headed back to our town early the next morning, and I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Kevin.  On Sunday, we went mini-golfing with my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend, which was a blast.  On Monday night, Kevin and I went house hunting again and I'm pretty sure we found The One.  Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for us!  I have been home sick with some awful virus the past two days (although I've felt sick since Saturday) - terrible sore throat, fever, coughing, wheezing, headache, congestion, plugged ears...yuck!  I hate missing work, and we have so much going on right now, but I really have needed the time to rest.  It's been pretty miserable.

Okay...enough of that...onto the outfit!!
Top + Leggings: J. Jill | Sandals: Target [Top 10 item] | Necklace: Forever 21

After years and years of being a strictly-silver-jewelry-wearer, I have finally started to really embrace gold as well.  For me, silver used to be the typical go-to for jewelry, but this spring, gold is the color that I can't get enough of.  I love how it looks with all neutral colors (hello, 95% of my closet...), and I think it also looks striking against reds, pinks, and blues as well (hello, the other 5% of my closet...).  This outfit features two gold pieces that I am really enjoying wearing so far this spring: my gold beaded necklace (whoops, you can't see it all that well) and my gold sparkly sandals.  The necklace has pastel pink, blue-gray, and gold beads, and I love how it looks against this cream tunic (another spring-time favorite).  These sandals are my absolute favorites because they're not only comfortable, but they go with everything and the sparkles add a little glitz to any outfit.
It was actually just really windy, but the pose and my hair make it look like I was doing some dramatic hair flip, haha.

I'm linking up with Anne and Shea for Your Spring Style :)

No comments: