Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.06.2015

Monthly Goals | April

You know, it's only like a week into April...might as well get my goals written down, right?! :)

Recap | March Goals
1. Create a blogging schedule for the month and stick to it | FAIL.  I mean, I thought about a blogging schedule and what I want to focus on, but I didn't actually write anything down or do anything about it.  I am actually going to carry this goal forward for the month of April, because I'm finally getting back into the swing of things with regards to my blog.

2. Make a trip to the library | I did not go to the library this month.  However, I realized I have a ton of books on our bookshelves at home that I haven't read, and I'd like to read (and then donate) several of them before we move sometime this spring/summer.  Instead of going to the library in our town, I decided to go to the library in our living room.  I finally finished reading Watership Down, and wound up reading two other books in March as well (The Reader and Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center).  I also am almost done reading Wicked right now, too!

3. Take Pippin and Rooney to the dog park | Ughhh, I so wanted to take the dogs to the dog park this month!  I'm so bummed I failed at this.  On the beautiful days we had in mid-March, I had lots of commitments after school and by the time I got home, I was exhausted so just played with the dogs in our living room instead.  And then when I finally had some more energy, it snowed a foot, the parks got all muddy, and then I went to Charlotte...so no park.  I'm a bad dog mommy.  We did wind up taking the dogs for a few long, long walks this month, though, so they weren't entirely cooped up! :)

4. Meet with the bank about buying a house | YES!  We did this!  We have all our finances in order to purchase a new home, which is very exciting (and terrifying)!  We actually put an offer on a house a couple of weeks ago, but we didn't get it (booo).  However, we're moving past that particular house and are house hunting again with our realtor tomorrow evening.  There are a few houses that we've looked at online that appear to be a great fit for us, so hopefully we'll love them just as much (or more!) when we see them in person.  I'm so excited to move back to the Twin Cities!

5. Begin 30 Days of Yoga | I did this goal as well!  I got into a great post-work routine before spring break hit.  I would come home from work, do a cardio YouTube video for about 20 minutes followed by a yoga video.  Then, I'd curl up in our recliner with a book and the dogs and read until the sun set.  Best. Routine. Ever.  I only got through Day 4 of the series, because I did a couple of the videos multiple times.  Now that I'm back to school after a week-long break, I'm going to try and get back into my routine (see below)!

April Goals
1. Create a blogging schedule for the month and stick to it - take two | As I mentioned above, I still really want to get into a good posting routine.  I have ideas for different posts and have found some linkups to join, but I need to write my ideas down in a more organized fashion.  Also, I've been struggling with taking outfit photos for my blog, so I'd like to work on being more intentional about taking photos most days as well.  [I have been posting some awkward body selfies on my Instagram account for the first couple days of the Top 10 Remix challenge...stay tuned for full outfit posts!]

2. Establish a post-work routine | Again, I mentioned above how much I enjoyed doing yoga as a part of my daily post-work routine.  Any time my schedule is altered, it usually takes me a long time to get back into a routine.  Instead of falling into my old trap of getting home from work and just dinking around on my computer each day, I want to make sure I get right back into a routine.  I'd like it to include some kind of physical activity, some housework, some reading, some blogging, and some time with the dogs and Kevin.

3. Work on de-cluttering the house | I found this article online and the clean freak in me got very excited.  I love organizing and simplifying, and I think that following this list will be so great!  If we start paring down our things now, we'll be all set to move when we finally find our house.  I'm especially eager to tackle the things I've been putting off, like getting rid of old/worn out clothes (both mine and Kevin's), going through our medicine cabinet and bathroom drawers, and organizing my digital files/photos/music library.

4. Watch a movie | I'm kind of a Netflix junkie, which means I've been neglecting all my old favorite movies.  I just picked up Into the Woods at Target the other day, and I'm dying to watch it.  I also forgot that I got Les Miserables for Christmas and I still haven't watched it either.  I may just have to have a movie musical day - what do you think?

5. Focus, focus, focus at work | With only 42 days with students remaining in the school year (!!), I'm feeling the time crunch.  I have so many projects to finish, students to touch base with and monitor, families to communicate with, and paperwork to fill out, and it's often overwhelming to figure out where to even start.  This month, I'm going to really prioritize the heavy things and use my time as effectively as possible.  Good thing I just stocked up on sticky notes and notepads so I can create copious amounts of to do lists!

Note: I totally had this post written earlier today and forgot to press "publish."  Whoops.

No comments: