Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.24.2015

Four Things Friday | 11

Tank + Cardigan + Scarf [Top 10 item]: Old Navy | Pants + Flats: Kohls

During my winter capsule remix, my black bootcut pants didn't get a ton of wear, nor did I like most of the outfits I wore with them.  I have the same pair in gray (which, although the pair I'm wearing here looks black, these are actually dark gray, haha), and I decided to give them a shot for the spring with some flats.  I like the way they look with flats so much better, and I'm happy to say I've worn both my black pair and my gray pair several times since making this discovery.  Plus, they legitimately feel like yoga pants but are still work-appropriate.  WIN!

Four things I'm looking forward to this year:

Becoming an aunt | Our niece is due August 1, and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I can't wait to snuggle her and spoil the crap out of her.  I'll be her only auntie (although she'll have 5 uncles!!), which makes me feel pretty special, haha.  Plus, where we are hoping we're moving will be only about a half an hour from their house - woo!  I already want to buy her all kinds of cute things, and Kevin and I talk frequently about what experiences we want to share with her as she grows.  So exciting!

Buying a house | We are closer every day to purchasing the house we've been looking for!  Kevin and I are so excited to take the plunge and make the biggest investment ever.  There is so much thought and stress that goes into purchasing your first home, but we're more excited than anything.  The house we have found is different from what we picture ourselves in, but we absolutely love it and can see us living there for years and years to come.  Stay tuned for more updates in the process! :D

Get involved in animal rescue | Nearly two years ago, Kevin and I fostered the cutest little puppy...and then we wound up adopting her.  What can I say, Roo completes our little family!  However, I'm still incredibly passionate about animal rescue, and saving and finding forever homes for dogs is one of the biggest things I feel drawn to doing in my life.  One of the things I'm so excited about moving back to the Twin Cities is having the opportunity to get plugged back into the vibrant animal rescue community.  Safe Hands Animal Rescue is the organization through which we fostered and adopted Rooney, and I wholeheartedly support everything that they do and stand for.  I can't wait to spend my weekends welcoming dogs and puppies into their new foster homes, assisting with meet and greets and adoptions, and even fostering our own dogs again!

Continuing to build friendships | I have always struggled with friendships (I wrote about it here almost exactly two years ago), but little by little, I think I'm starting to figure it out.  Yesterday, I shared a little bit about my coworkers and what fantastic people they are.  I think it is so cool how most of these women are not only colleagues, but best friends as well.  Although they're 20 years older than me (and often joke that they could be my mom) and have been friends for years, they have welcomed me into their group so warmly.  I haven't felt this included with a group of women in...oh gosh, I don't even know how long.  Despite being in very different stages in life, I do feel like I have so much in common with so many of them (and let's be real - I've always gotten along better with people much older than me anyway!!).  We all work with young people and understand how draining it can be to work in a helping role like this.  We all value the relationship between strong, independent women.  We all enjoy giving and being a part of our community.  We all love to have fun and laugh!  It's really the most wonderful feeling.  I am eager to see how my relationship with my colleagues develops over time - and I'm eager to see what kinds of relationships will blossom when Kevin and I move back to the Twin Cities where many of our college friends currently live!

What are you all looking forward to this year??

No comments: