Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.17.2015

Four Things Friday | 10

Dress: Old Navy [Top 10 item] | Jacket: Levi's | Shoes: Payless

Oh, hey!  It's my Easter outfit!  I knew I wanted to wear my bright pink dress on Easter (also, because it was the most Easter-appropriate item in my Top 10 Remix outfits).  I dressed it down with my floral sneakers and denim jacket, which was perfect for my family's casual Easter celebration.

After having skipped Four Things Friday last week, I am eager to return to to it this week.  The prompt for today?  Four TV shows that I watch/love.  Kevin and I don't have TV (only Netflix), so I don't watch anything current.  I'm perpetually at least a season behind on everything, which can sometimes be a little annoying (it can be tricky to avoid spoilers, so I'm glad I'm not one of those people who gets too upset about spoilers).  However, the fact that we only pay $8 a month for TV is pretty great, so it's not too terrible.  So...most of the shows I'm listing here are either completely done, or I'm not caught up to the most recent season.

The Walking Dead | After Kevin and I finished watching Parks and Recreation, we decided to dive into something a little more serious.  Most people believe that The Walking Dead is just a TV show about zombies, but I argue that it's a TV show about humanity, and there happen to be zombies in it.  For me, the zombies are mostly an obstacle that prevent the characters from accomplishing what they need/want to accomplish.  I know I've talked about this plenty of times before, but I absolutely love well-developed characters (which is why I prefer TV shows to movies, because there's more time to see characters develop), and The Walking Dead is full of character development!

Will & Grace | This is my all-time favorite television show.  I've been hooked on it since I was in high school, and I've watched the series so many times!  This is my favorite episode (literally, I've watched this one over 20 times - watch from 15:15 to 16:04 for my very favorite part), and I also really love from 18:55-19:44 of this episode.  I don't think I've mentioned this before on my blog, but when I was in high school, three of my very best friends were gay.  The relationship I had with one of these guys, in particular, was very Will-and-Grace-like...we did everything together for several years - he was even my prom date, and we went to college together.  Whenever I watch Will & Grace, I think about that relationship and how wonderful my friendship with my real-life Will was :)

Orange is the New Black | I'm absolutely smitten with this show.  Again, I absolutely love the characters in this show.  It has shed some excellent light into the prison system in America, as well as different real-life issues of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration, drug use, social class, etc.  I can't think of another show that I've watched that makes me think, laugh, and cry as much as OITNB does.  It's powerful and entertaining, and I love everything about it.  Plus, I have a big girl crush on both Natasha Lyonne and Laura Prepon - they're such fantastic actresses!!

Sex and the City | Ahhh, Sex and the City.  Another classic TV show that I can go back and re-watch countless times and never, ever get sick of.  I love how this show depicted female friendships and relationships, and it made it okay for women to talk about and experience sex and relationships with men.  In a world that glorifies masculine sexuality and shames feminine sexuality, I think Sex and the City did a nice job of opening up that dialogue, and was pretty progressive.  Don't get me wrong, the show certainly isn't perfect, but I really love it anyway.  It is highly entertaining and I love how strong and independent each of the women is!  Fun fact: I was so obsessed with this show in college that my roommates threw me a surprise Sex and the City-themed 21st birthday party, in which each of us dressed as one of the main characters, and we went out to eat in downtown Minneapolis.  It was so fun and ridiculous!  Here are a couple of pictures from that evening, for your entertainment.  (And yes, I was Samantha.)

Miranda, Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte

My face tells you how I feel about how I look with long, platinum blonde hair, haha!

No comments: