Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

4.01.2015

Currently | April

Today, I'll be linking up with Anne and Jenna for the monthly Currently linkup.  Be sure to check out the other bloggers who are linking up to see what they're currently wearing, sipping, wishlisting, writing, and exploring.

Wearing | I am posting here my last two winter capsule outfits, as the capsule is officially done now (as of yesterday)!  I'll be sure to post my reflections on the second experience fairly soon.  

Tee + Cardigan: Old Navy | Pants: Simply Vera | Boots: Fergalicious | Necklace: Forever 21

This simple outfit was great for work - these ponte pants couldn't be more comfortable!  I'm a little bummed, though, because they don't really fit me anymore!  I have to wear a belt with them, and even still, they get all baggy and saggy by the end of the day and practically fall off my hips.  I'll have to check next fall and see if there is a new version of them - they've been such a staple for me for the past two years!

Dress + Vest: Old Navy | Tights: Target | Boots: Fergalicious | Necklace: J. Crew

I absolutely cannot get enough of this dress, either.  I am so glad it fits me now, because I can already tell it's going to get plenty of wear this spring and summer.  It's incredibly comfortable, and I like that I can style it in many different ways.  I like how it looks with my utility vest (I've worn it like this before but if it works, I'll just go with it!), and I'll probably continue to wear it like this over the next couple of weeks.

Sipping | Oh gosh, I'm so boring.  I basically drink water almost all the time - I try to drink about 100 oz a day to keep myself nice and hydrated!  It's crazy how much better I feel when I drink copious amounts of water.  However, now that it's getting warmer outside, the occasional iced chai tea or lemonade sounds pretty refreshing as well :)

Wishlisting | I've mentioned this several times now, but Kevin and I are planning to buy a house this spring.  We've been working with our realtor to find the perfect house for us to make our home.  I've spent lots of time in our real estate portal sorting potential houses into different categories, essentially creating a wishlist of houses!  There are a handful of houses in our list that we are dying to see in person, so we'll be getting together with our realtor soon for some showings.  Can't wait to find our new home in Minneapolis!

Writing | Blog posts, comments, and emails, galore!  I have been in such a funk with getting back on track with blogging, and I'm so behind on responding to blog comments (seriously, like I have blog posts from a month ago that I haven't responded to y'all yet for...so embarrassed!).  I have been reading all of the blogs in my reader on my phone but haven't had a moment to sit down and comment on them, and I feel quite awful about it.  I also am feeling like I'd like to make a couple of changes with my blog, but again, I really need to take some time to sit down and flesh out all my ideas.  As I've mentioned in several other blog posts before, bear with me as I get back on track with blogging - I'm feeling ready for a great spring!! :)

Exploring | I just got back last night from my trip to Charlotte, NC to visit my best friend Casey and her family.  It was such a wonderful trip!  I got to meet her 6-month-old son and play with him a ton - he's a busy boy with tons of energy!  He immediately liked me a lot, which warmed my heart :)  Casey and I had plenty of excellent conversations as we took the baby for walks around their neighborhood and local parks.  We shopped a little bit (and bought nothing!!), we ate delicious food (sooo much delicious food), watched some movies, and basically just hung out.  It was such a great start to my spring break, and I so loved exploring Charlotte with my best friend and her family again!

No comments: