Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.09.2015

Weekend Recap

Dress + Leggings: Old Navy | Boots: Fergalicious | Scarf: Gift | Belt: Target

Oof, y'all.  Sometimes this whole school counseling thing is rough.  This past week has been filled with student crises, intense parent interactions, and general craziness as our students were registering for classes.  I'm so grateful to have some phenomenal coworkers who really understand how taxing it can be to work in a helping profession.  We all know how important it is to step back every day and think about the wonderful parts of life and laugh together, especially when we have tough weeks.  I honestly don't know what things would be like if I didn't have such amazing colleagues!

As a result of the crazy past week (actually, it's been kind of insane for the past several weeks, but it all came to a head last week), I was so ready for the weekend!  I went out for a little happy hour with my coworkers on Friday afternoon, which was the greatest way to kick off the weekend!  Kevin picked up an extra shift on Friday night, so I was home alone with the pups (we watched Gray's Anatomy <3).

On Saturday, I spent the afternoon with my parents, just hanging out, which was fun.  In the evening, I had a date with my BFF who lives in Minneapolis.  We had a long, wonderful treat-yo-self dinner together.  I hadn't seen her since December, so it was awesome to catch up and be silly together!

Yesterday, Kevin and I cleaned our house from top to bottom and even opened all of our windows to let some fresh air in (it was in the upper 40s - hallelujah!!).  I painted while Kevin slept during the afternoon (he worked overnight) and listened to some kickass music by female artists to celebrate International Women's Day.  I ended the night with some outfit planning and two episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (which is hilarious, by the way).

It was a nice weekend to get re-energized from the previous week and get geared up for this week!  It's another busy week with tons of meetings and registration clean-up work on top of all of our other duties, but I'm feeling ready to take it on!

And as for today's outfit, I really liked this one.  This black fit & flare dress is so comfortable and versatile.  I toughened it up a bit with a studded belt and my gray moto boots.  I'm so glad I included so many dresses in my winter capsule - they truly are my favorite things to wear and I always feel good about myself when I'm in a dress.

No comments: