Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.03.2015

Plain to Polished + Firmoo Review!

Tunic: Gift | Leggings + Cardigan: Old Navy | Boots + Scarf: Target | Glasses: c/o Firmoo

A little while ago, I asked y'all if you'd like to see my old series Plain to Polished resurrected on my blog.  The consensus was unanimous - yes, you wanted to see it back!  I finally was able to get some technology stuff figured out and I had a chunk of time to take some outfit photos (after literally weeks of not taking one shot...), and here we are with a new installment of Plain to Polished!

Basically, what I do with this series is show how to take my outfits "to the next level," so to speak.  I start with a basic (plain) outfit, and then add different elements to enhance the look, or make it more polished.  The skeleton of this outfit is a navy tunic, maroon leggings, and brown boots.  I love the way that navy and maroon look together, and these boots have a little bit of an edge to them that I really like.  However, the outfit on its own is pretty dang boring.  By adding some of my favorite things, I was able to make the outfit on the right - something a little bit more visually interesting and with more character.  I'm a big fan of layering with cardigans, so obviously I needed to add my trusty tan boyfriend cardigan, right?  Next, I wrapped my navy paisley scarf around my neck for some pattern.  Finally, I added a headband to get my awkward-length hair out of my face.  The final result is much cuter and more interesting than the original outfit on the left, amiright?


I've also been loving adding glasses as an accessory to my outfits lately.  I have awful vision (like, if I take my glasses off while looking at this screen, I can't even see the text on the screen less than two feet from my face...) and have worn glasses since I was 7-years-old.  In high school, I got contacts and wore them primarily until my second year of grad school.  I actually love the way I look in glasses, however, and they're less of a hassle than contacts a lot of the time, so I've been wearing my glasses much more often.  At my house, I have my previous 4 pairs of glasses that I've started rotating between just to switch things up.  I love funky glasses but for the most part, the glasses I've had in the previous several years are primarily black or brown.  When Firmoo contacted me to review a pair of their glasses, I was so excited about it and knew I wanted to get a pair that was colorful.

I had a list of about 70 different frames to choose from, which was really fun and exciting!  I considered getting a white pair, but ultimately decided on these purple + green glasses (that also kind of look maroon in certain light - my favorite!).  On the website, there's a way to upload your picture and virtually try on the glasses, but I actually skipped that part.  I knew these glasses would be a good fit on my face because they were similar in measurement to another pair I have at home.  I was really nervous about entering my prescription on the website accurately, but luckily, there were some helpful "info" sections so that I was certain to enter the right numbers in the rights spots.

When I received my glasses in the mail, I was thrilled that they a) fit me, b) had the correct prescription, and c) looked awesome on me!  I love the colors on these glasses (the outside is purple and the inside is green) - they're spunky and fun, and allow me to show some of my personality!  I've been wearing them a ton since I received them, and I love how they add an extra "something" to my outfits as well.  I've gotten a lot of compliments on them, too, which is a definite confidence-booster!
I absolutely will be ordering glasses from Firmoo again!  They have so many different styles to choose from, and their prices couldn't be better!  I'm a big believer that because glasses are necessary for me to see and because they are on my face, that I should feel beautiful in my frames, and these glasses certainly make me feel like a million bucks!  I highly recommend checking Firmoo out for your next frames!


Disclaimer: Firmoo provided me with a pair of glasses in exchange for a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own!

No comments: