Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.19.2015

Music!!

Shirt + Vest: Old Navy | Pants: Simply Vera | Boots: Target | Necklace: Forever 21

I absolutely love music - I sing all the time, I play instruments when I'm bored, and I constantly am listening to tunes at work and when I'm dinking around at home.  I'm not too terribly picky about genres (although I'm not a huge fan of a lot of rap and I dislike heavy metal and twangy country music).  Music typically evokes strong emotions for me.  Like, whenever I listen to the Spice Girls (which I do regularly, because GIRL POWER!), I think about the shows I'd put on for my family with our exchange students from Northern Ireland back in 4th-6th grade.  Whenever I hear music that was in our wedding, I think about how much fun that day was and what those songs mean to me.  Whenever I listen to Steely Dan, I think about this awesome cover band that my family and I have gone to see for years (Steeling Dan - such a clever name for a cover band!).  Whenever I listen to soundtracks of musicals I was in, I remember the choreography and costumes and all of the inside jokes I had with my high school theater friends.  See?  Lots of emotions and memories.

I'm feeling like I need some music overhaul in my life, though.  I haven't bought new music in ages (although I'm eyeing up Taylor Swift's newest album...).  I need some suggestions from you all!  Expose me to some new artists - who are you loving listening to right now?  I especially love music that has beautiful melodies and is more on the acoustic side of things - think along the lines of Ingrid Michaelson, Sara Bareilles, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Colbie Caillat, etc.  I also love music that I can dance around to and that energizes me.  Help me revamp my music collection!!!  Who can't you stop listening to these days?

No comments: