Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.16.2015

Infinity

Shirt: Target | Pants: Simply Vera | Boots: Fergalicious | Scarf: Gift

I love the blank canvas that a white tee provides in an outfit.  Paired with my comfiest ponte pants, some boots, and a lightweight scarf, this outfit was an easy one to put together (and I seem to have less and less energy for putting together outfits these days...).  Also, I've really come to the conclusion that I much prefer infinity scarves to regular scarves - no awkward ties or worrying about having one side longer than the other, and I like that you can wear them more cozy around your neck or loosen them up a bit so they're a little less collar-like.  Have any of you turned your regular scarves into infinity scarves successfully?  I worry that some of my more lightweight scarves are too thin and flimsy to have the ends sewn together...

Here are a few weekend highlights as well:
  • I had a great reading kick this weekend - finally finished Watership Down, read all of The Reader, and began Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center.  My goal for 2015 is to read 12 books, and I'm already on my 6th for the year, woo!
  • Judged speech at my high school's home meet - so much fun to see my students succeed and grow over the course of the season!
  • Went to a dinner at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house to learn the sex of their baby - I'm getting a niece!!
  • Tried going to an open house for one of the houses we're most excited about, but they ended the open house a half an hour early so we weren't able to see it!  Super disappointing!
  • Had a fantastic dinner and game night with some of my family's closest friends, and wound up not getting home until after 11:00 last night...making it very hard to wake up this morning (I'm usually in bed by 9:00, haha!).  Good thing we had a great time!!
[Also, I'm still so, so far behind on commenting on blogs and responding to comments on my own blog.  I've been so busy lately and am still fighting with my old laptop (it seriously takes FOREVER to do anything on that old dinosaur!!).  I am still reading all of your posts and comments on my phone every day, but as far as actually being able to comment, I'm a little limited for now.  Bear with me! :)]

No comments: