Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

2.03.2015

Professional Development

Top / Cardigan / Scarf: Old Navy | Jeans: Lauren Conrad | Boots: Target

Because I'm super behind on posting my outfits, you are seeing an outfit that I wore on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!  While many districts have this day off (for students and staff alike), the district I work in uses MLK Jr. Day as professional development.  We spent our day talking about district and building goals, working in our Professional Learning Committees, and attending several breakout sessions.  I elected to learn more about equity in the classroom, poverty, and children's mental health/trauma during my breakout sessions.  Although I live and work in rural Minnesota, I found it interesting that our district has more students on free + reduced lunch (meaning, their families live in poverty) than the Minneapolis school district.  It was a sobering reminder to me that so many of the students I work with every single day are struggling with getting their basic needs met, and this can drastically affect their school performance, behavior, attendance, etc.

Because the day was spent sitting (for the most part), I wanted to wear something comfortable.  These stretchy jeans, a soft tank top, cardigan for warmth, and scarf for a little extra pizzazz fit the bill.  I felt cute and presentable, but also quite comfortable all day.

No comments: