Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

2.16.2015

Conflicting Schedules + Weekend Recap

Shirt: Old Navy | Jeans: Lauren Conrad | Boots: Target | Scarf: Gift

So Kevin got a new job working at a youth homeless shelter (!!!), which is fantastic.  However, it's over an hour away from where we live and he's working overnight shifts 3 nights a week, which means that I don't get to see him from Sunday evenings until Wednesdays after I get home from work.  For most of our relationship, we've had a lot of time apart due to our work/school/internship/etc. schedules, but the beginning of this school year has been awesome because we've gotten to sleep next to each other nearly every single night and have had our evenings and weekends free to hang out.  We're back to only having a little bit of time together during the week.  It's all going to be fine once we get the hang of our new routine, but in the meantime, it's kind of a bummer.

On top of everything, Kevin was out of town this weekend for a work conference in Illinois, which meant I spent the weekend home alone.  I get pretty sad when I don't get to see Kevin for a long stretch of time (like right now - he's been gone since Friday morning and won't come back until Wednesday), so I wanted to make sure I had a little bit of social time this weekend.  After work on Friday, I went out for happy hour with a couple of my coworkers (seriously, they're some of the greatest people ever).  I spent the evening cuddled up with my dogs reading Watership Down.  Saturday, I judged a speech meet (SO impressed with some of these kids, and my school's team took 2nd place overall - woo!), and watched movies on Netflix in the evening (Happy Valentine's Day to me).  Yesterday, I stayed in bed until noon, dinking around on my computer, reading, and keeping warm with the dogs.  The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and watching tons of Parenthood (I'm almost done with season 5 and then need to see if I can find season 6 online!).  All in all, lots of alone time, lots of screen time, and lots of puppy snuggles.

How was your weekend?  Any big Valentine's Day plans??

No comments: