Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

2.25.2015

A Brief Hairstory

Over the course of my life, I've had a ton of different hairstyles - short, long, edgy, boring, curly, straight, dyed, etc.  You name it, I've done it.  Today, I'm going to give you a history of my hair - a hairstory, if you will.
[beginning from the top left and going clockwise]

1) I was born with tons of thick, dark hair.  I'm a week old in this picture.
2) At 2, I had a pretty cute little hair cut, complete with a side pony.
3) In kindergarten, I had long hair and was growing out my bangs (hence the headband).
4) In 2nd grade, I was missing all kinds of teeth, had a super short haircut and bangs again.  My mom would curl the ends of my hair under with a curling iron every morning.
5) My hair just got shorter, and my first pair of glasses was fantastically huge.
6) 3rd grade = SHORTY BANGS.
7) In 6th grade, I was obsessed with clips.  In this picture, I'm wearing two star clips in my hair - but I also loved butterfly clips and flower clips.  I loved wearing my hair like this but can't find any pictures of me with a butterfly clip halo.
8) In 8th grade, I was a big fan of the middle part and pinning the sides back with bobby pins. #hottie
9) In 11th grade, I dyed my hair red and became BFFs with my tiny, 1/4 inch curling iron.
10) And then I got this "edgy" haircut that I thought made me an instant badass...but I still wore pastel yellow striped polo shirts like this one, so...not a badass after all.
11) Senior picture.  Red hair.
12) First year of college.  I started to grow my hair out and dyed it dark brown.  I'd go back to that color in a heartbeat!
13) During my second year of college, my hair got much longer and I realized that it was actually pretty curly/wavy!
14) Junior year of college - my hair got even longer than this, but I can't find any pictures!
15) Junior year of college again, after I chopped 7 inches off my hair!
16) Three years ago, when I worked as an admissions representative.  I was really interested in getting a pixie cut, but I was a weenie and afraid to go for it.  Instead, I decided to just cut my hair shorter and shorter until I finally caved.

And now, 18 months after the first pixie cut chop, I am growing my hair back out and it's back to an a-line bob.  I'm not going to lie to you - growing out a pixie cut is no walk in the park.  However, my goal during the whole process has been to always look like I have a style and to avoid the awkward mullet stage many women suffer through as they grow their hair out.

Throughout the great pixie grow out, I've really tried to take great care of my hair.  I want to make sure that it's healthy as it grows, especially now that I'm straightening it most days again.  When Influenster offered to send me a VoxBox to review some hair products, I was super excited about the opportunity to try some new-to-me products.


I received the Pantene Full & Strong Shampoo, Pantene Full & Strong Conditioner, and a sample of their dry shampoo.  After using these products for a little while, I'm very pleased with how they have worked in my hair.  The shampoo lathers up really nicely and makes my hair feel bouncy and light.  The conditioner makes my hair so silky and smooth and both products smell so good!  As for the dry shampoo, I've never used it before, so I'm not 100% sure how it compares with other similar products.  I think I like how it works, but I'm also a strict every-morning-showerer, so it's not a product that I would use regularly.  As my hair continues to grow, I'm eager to keep using these Pantene hair products to keep my hair healthy and strong!

Have any of you had any embarrassing or crazy hairstyles?

Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.  All opinions and thoughts are my own.

No comments: