Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

1.08.2015

Nerdy Games + Home Videos

 Shirt / Cardigan: Old Navy | Jeans: Lauren Conrad | Boots: Fergalicious | Scarf: Gift from a friend

I wore this outfit on Saturday, after I worked a 4-hour shift at my part-time job.  I believe I've mentioned before that Kevin is a pretty nerdy guy.  Like, as in, his favorite hobby is playing Warhammer and painting all the little miniatures.  [Let's be real, though - I'm super nerdy in my own way as well.]  I also believe I have mentioned that Kevin is the oldest of four boys, ranging in age from 27 to 20.  Because his youngest brother is in college out-of-state, Kevin is in grad school, and his other brothers are juggling other adult responsibilities (full-time jobs, part-time school, marriage/relationships, etc.) it's not too often that all four brothers are together.  We did have a little bit of time together over the holidays, but because we were at all kinds of extended family gatherings, there was little time for everyone to just hang out and enjoy each other's company...something that all four boys (and Kevin's parents, and me, and my sister-in-law) really enjoy.

Kevin's two youngest brothers recently got back into playing Magic: The Gathering (which Kevin also plays), so we decided to head up to his parents' house on Saturday after my shift to hang out with all the brothers (aka play Magic) before his youngest brother went back to college the next day.  Now, I gave Magic a try a couple of years ago, and didn't really like it (I also happened to smoke Kevin on my very first game and decided to just end my Magic career on a high note), so I wasn't playing with the brothers.  Instead, I sat at the table with the brothers and entertained them with all of my weird side comments and impromptu song-and-dance performances (seriously, making people laugh is my favorite thing ever, and all three of Kevin's brothers think I'm pretty funny).  Kevin's parents were out for much of the evening, but when they were home, we all played Pandemic together, and then his parents showed me and my sister-in-law home videos of the boys when they were little.  Cutest. Thing. Ever.  Does anyone else out there love watching home videos (either of yourself or of your significant other or close friends)?  I love seeing what people were like when they were little kids!!

 Pippin, one of my dogs, came out to take photos with us, and she was scratching in the snow off to my side.  This face + hand gesture combo says, "Pippin, WTF mate?"

No comments: