Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

12.01.2014

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Dress: Old Navy | Jacket: Levi's | Leggings / Boots: Target

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, if you celebrate!  I literally found out at lunch on Tuesday that I didn't have to work on the next day (I thought it was an in-service day for staff, but I was wrong, ha!)...so I wound up having an unexpected 5-day weekend!  Woo!  We got tons of snow all day on Wednesday, so it was actually a great day off, hanging out with Kevin and our puppies. 

On Thanksgiving, we spent the day in the Twin Cities with my mom's family.  It was great to spend time with my aunt and all be able to laugh and have fun together before she begins her chemo treatments.  My cousin also had a baby two weeks ago, so I loved getting baby snuggles in...even though he peed through his diaper all over me, ha!  He's lucky he's such a cutie! ;)

The next day, Kevin and I met his family at a tree farm in Northfield, MN (one of the cutest little towns in Minnesota) and helped them pick out a Christmas tree.  We all ate lunch together and spent the afternoon watching Bridesmaids (that movie still cracks me up!!) and playing cards.  Afterwards, Kevin and I went to Northeast Minneapolis to celebrate my brother's girlfriend's birthday - another fun evening with family!

Saturday and yesterday were pretty lazy days...we watched The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, and then on a whim decided to go see Mockingjay: Part One.  I really liked it, although it was super intense and kind of stressful to watch at times!  With all of the shit going on in Ferguson, MO, watching some of the scenes in these movies really hit close to home.  Some of the social commentary in The Hunger Games series so closely parallels what's been going on in Missouri (and around the country as a whole, for that matter), which led to lots of discussion between Kevin and I all weekend.

How was your Thanksgiving?  Did you hit any good deals on Black Friday?

No comments: