Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

12.16.2014

Rejuvenated

Blouse: J. Jill | Jeans: Lauren Conrad | Boots: Guess | Scarf: Gift

Thank you all so much for your kind words and thoughts after my post last week.  The last week was quite rough at school, as we lost one of our seniors.  I spent much of Wednesday with the student's five best friends, and it was simultaneously heartbreaking and wonderful.  Seeing these girls band together to support one another was one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time.

I wound up taking the weekend to care for myself and rejuvenate after a tough week.  I spent most of my weekend in the Twin Cities with my family.  We ate dinner at The Freehouse (where my brother works - the food is deeeelicious!), saw the Christmas display on the 8th floor of Macy's in downtown Minneapolis, went to an ugly sweater party at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house, and enjoyed a fantastic holiday concert by The Blenders.  I also celebrated my birthday with my family on Sunday night, as my birthday is on Thursday!  It was a great weekend...just what I needed to feel better.

I wore this outfit on Saturday, and I loved it.  I feel like my style has gotten quite a bit more simple and streamlined lately - it feels great!  I could easily wear an outfit like this, a tunic + leggings, or a dress every single day and not feel tired of it :)

Also, the winner of my Patent Artwork giveaway is Maria!  Congratulations, lady!!  I'll be getting in touch with you ASAP so you can order your print!

No comments: