Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

11.24.2014

Keep Holding On

Cardigan / Tights: Target | Dress: Target, thrifted | Boots: Guess | Scarf: Old Navy

So, I've been wearing the same 37 pieces to work since September 1, and I have to say, I'm starting to get a little tired of my items.  I kind of made the mistake of choosing pieces with hardly any pattern or color, because I thought it would be more versatile that way.  And yes, the mix-and-match potential is pretty great, but I'm feeling bored of my choices.  There are only so many days in a row that you can throw on a scarf or fun necklace to add some excitement into your outfits, right?!

Well, even though this outfit is made up of only black and brown pieces, and the only bit of pattern is my leopard print scarf, I loved this outfit and how I felt in it.  All of the pieces fit me nicely, the colors are sharp, and I will never stop loving my leopard print scarf.  A perfect work outfit, no?

Dress / Cardigan: Old Navy | Tights / Boots: Target | Necklace: Simonson's Jewelry

I really wish I had taken a closeup shot of my leopard print tights in this outfit, but I didn't even think about it - doh!.  [You can, however, see a more detailed photo of them here if you're interested.]  This is another outfit that really has benefitted from the addition of jewelry and a little pattern.

I've loved doing my capsule wardrobe and I've learned a ton from the whole process, but I am more than ready to be able to wear the rest of my clothing items to work once December arrives.  Until then, I'll just keep singing this song to myself [RIP Cory Monteith.]

No comments: