Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

11.06.2014

Irish Souvenir

Shirt: Old Navy | Blazer: Calvin Klein, thrifted | Pants: Kohls | Boots: Target | Necklace: Simonson's Jewelry | Earrings: Gift from my brother-in-law & sister-in-law

So, at the beginning of every remix or closet challenge that I do, I make a huge list of all kinds of different outfit ideas using those specific pieces (I've talked about this on the blog here before).  I don't usually plan for accessories in that master list, but instead tend to stick to just the clothing pieces.  This outfit idea started with the gray/white striped shirt + gray ponte pants base.  It was super boring as is (obviously), so I decided to add the gray blazer for a little extra dimension.  When it came to accessorizing, I first thought about adding my gray necklace or white necklace, but that just seemed too plain.  Instead, I decided to add my purple necklace from Simonson's Jewelry (my good family friends' booth at the Minnesota State Fair) and the pretty purple earrings that my brother-in-law and sister-in-law bought me from their trip to Ireland this summer.  I think they added just the spice this outfit needed!

Here's a close-up of the earrings from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  My brother-in-law specifically picked these out for me because he knew I liked purple so much.  I really did marry into the best family, I think - what 25-year-old guy knows just what to get his sister-in-law??  Haha.

No comments: