Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

10.28.2014

Two Outfits + Capsule Collage | Part Two

Tank / Pants: Old Navy | Blazer: Calvin Klein, thrifted | Flats: Payless | Necklace: Forever 21

These pants (detail shot here) are so much fun, but I'm kind of a weenie about styling them.  They're technically denim, but the velvet design is blackish-gray.  This means that every time I've worn them up to this point, I've had black and/or gray on top.  In my head, I know that basically any color will work with them, but I have this very weird (and strong) mental block that's making me hesitant to pair them with anything but black or gray.  Maybe next time I wear them, I'll try wearing a colorful scarf or necklace with the inevitable black or gray top to bring some color into the outfit. 

Shirt: J.Jill | Pants: Kohls | Scarf: JCPenney | Flats: Payless

You can't tell from the photos, but these pants are dark gray, and I love them.  I wrote a couple of posts ago that I'm kind of over jeans, but give me a pair of ponte pants and I'll be happy forever.  Seriously, these pants could not be any more comfortable - they're so soft and structured, but they're stretchy so I never feel constricted in them.  Plus, they go with everything and I can wear them with flats or boots.  I also love this silky cream blouse (that I also have in black and blue).  It's so flowy and works perfectly with skinny pants.  It's a little longer in the back than it is in the front, so it covers my butt nicely too.  And can we talk about this scarf?  I used to be a pink fanatic (I had a serious, serious obsession with pink), but I burned myself out on the color for a while.  Now, I'm very much drawn to lighter pinks (blush, rosy pinks, peach), and the color of this scarf is no exception.  It's just so feminine and pretty!


And here is a collage of my next round of capsule wardrobe outfits.  Do you have any favorites?  I really like both of the outfits with the dresses (and camel cardigan).  Many of the other outfits are fairly unmemorable, but that's just fine.  I've been really enjoying the simpler outfits over the past several months (which I've kind of talked about ad nauseam), so even though none of these are especially groundbreaking, they still all feel very "me."

Also, when I look back at my list of capsule items, I'm kind of surprised that there are things I haven't worn at all yet.  I have yet to wear:
  • Black/white striped tee (which is weird, since it's been a staple in my previous 30x30 and 20x30 remixes)
  • Striped oxford
  • Navy/white striped long-sleeved tee
  • Camel/white striped long-sleeved tee
  • Gray/white striped long-sleeved tee
  • Camel sweater
I better start wearing these tops soon!  Most of these tops are long-sleeved shirts, so now that it's starting to get cooler, I'm sure they'll start getting worn.

I'm linking up today with Anne and Jacquelyn for the capsule wardrobe and Laura for Confident Twosday!

No comments: