Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

10.31.2014

Pretty Dresses

Over the past couple of weekends, I've had things going on requiring me to dress up a little bit more than my usual weekend outfits of leggings and a sweatshirt.  I loved both of my outfits so much that I wanted to share them with you.  Without further ado, here are my pretty dresses:

Dress / Scarf: Old Navy | Tights / Boots: Target

I am so smitten with this dress, you guys.  The maroon color is rich and gorgeous, the ruched sides are so flattering, and it has long sleeves.  Could I ask for anything more in a dress?  I think not.  I was originally going to wear a pendant necklace with this outfit, but I chose to wear my leopard scarf instead.  It gives the outfit a little extra something, you know?

Dress: Cynthia Rowley | Tights: Target | Boots: Guess | Necklace: From my mom 

I'll admit that this outfit looks a little confused, with the pastel colors up top and the black and brown on the bottom, but I don't mind - I felt so good wearing this.  I've lost nearly 10 lbs now in the last several weeks, and I'm starting to feel it and see it when I look at photos of myself.  The day I wore this, I was feeling so confident and beautiful, so even if the colors on the bottom don't necessarily match the colors on the top, how I felt in the outfit is what I'm choosing to focus on :)  Plus, isn't this necklace so pretty? My mom ordered it online and when she got it in the mail, the colors were different than what she was expecting.  As someone who wears almost exclusively neutral colors and earth tones, this necklace wasn't going to get worn much had she kept it...and I am the lucky benefactor!  While I don't tend to wear a lot of color, I am a huge fan of mint and blush, so I know this necklace will get plenty of love in my hands :)
A little detail shot of the necklace.  And my differently-shaped eyes.

Also, happy Halloween!  Kevin and I aren't planning to do much - since this is the first time we've ever lived in a neighborhood, we're going to get some candy and cross our fingers that we get some trick-or-treaters to give it to!  If you have kids and Instagram, I'm going to be stalking all of your photos to see your kiddos' costumes :)  Have a safe and fun night!

No comments: