Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

10.22.2014

Book Report! (and a bonus throwback photo)

Two posts in one day?  It's your lucky day!! ;)

Here's an irrelevant picture of my brother and me in Duluth, MN.  Clearly, I was not all about the hat I was wearing... (Also, have you seen a more early-90s picture?!  This is why I'm not into the resurfacing of all the 90s fashion, haha!!)

My blogging friend Anne is co-hosting a linkup about books, and since I've started reading again, I wanted to make sure I linked up as well.

Best book you've read this year: I think it's a tie between Dark Places, by Gillian Flynn, and Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult.  Both books were incredibly gripping, and I loved the character development in each story.

Last book you finished: It only took about two months, but I finally finished The Lost World, by Michael Crichton.  I devoured Jurassic Park in a matter of days, but The Lost World wasn't quite as good.  And yes, I'm a nerd and I really like dinosaurs.

Up next on your reading pile: Last week I started reading On the Road, by Jack Kerouac.  I have only gotten about 30 pages in so far, but it's interesting.  I am eager to sit down this weekend and read for a few hours straight!

Favorite book as a kid (around age 9-10): Oh gosh, this is such a hard question.  I read constantly as a kiddo.  I adored the Babysitter's Club: Little Sister series, by Ann M. Martin, but I also loved reading Dear America books, The Giver, by Lois Lowry, and anything by Beverly Cleary or Judy Blume.

Book you'd want with you if stuck on a deserted island: I wish I could say the whole Harry Potter series, but I'll go with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling, because, really, it's where the magic began (pun fully intended).  I read it first when I was about 10 years old and wasn't really "a thing" in the United States yet, and it literally changed my life.  I just have so many memories of reading that book.  I've already read it about 15 times, but I get warm fuzzies every single time I read it.

I'm linking up with Anne today!

No comments: