Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

10.27.2014

Blogging Mojo

Dress: Old Navy | Cardigan / Tights: Target | Boots: Guess | Necklace: From my mom

I'm not going to lie to you - I lost my blogging mojo for a little bit.  I still love blogging, reading blogs, putting posts together, interacting with everyone, etc., but I was starting to feel a little burned out for a bit.  It's been hard for me to take pictures for my blog lately because of the lighting before/after work, so I had hardly taken any photos for my blog in like 3 weeks, and was just using a few photos that I had randomly taken over the past month or so...hence the sporadic posting.  I finally figured out a way to take photos inside, which makes me feel optimistic about blogging as the weather gets colder.  [Welcome to the entryway of our house, by the way...]  So, this past weekend, I went back to my handy dandy spreadsheet and put on all the outfits that I had worn since the beginning of October and not photographed so that I'd actually have photos to blog!  This is probably a huge blogging faux pas, but I honestly don't really care, haha.  I'm just glad to be back in the saddle again :)

Anywayyyy...here's an outfit I wore to work a while back!  I've been nervous about how to wear this dress in colder weather because I wasn't sure if I could wear it with tights.  I decided to just give it a try, and I actually liked the outfit!  You can't tell in this photo, but my tights are black and my boots are brown, which kind of ties in the camel cardigan.  I added a gold necklace and jewelry (which you can't see since my hair is finally long enough that it's covering my ears!) as well.  One of my students, who is super into fashion, came into my office this day and said, "OH MY GOSH MS. MCCONNELL.  You look so cute!!!  I want your whole outfit!"  It was pretty cute :)

Shirt / Cardigan: Old Navy | Skirt / Tights: Target | Boots: Guess

This is another outfit I wore to work a couple of weeks ago.  I liked the navy and white color scheme, and I was pleasantly surprised how the skirt and boyfriend cardigan looked together.  I was worried that the proportions would be off, but I kind of liked it, actually!

Also, you'll notice that I'm not wearing my glasses in either of these pictures.  I have no idea what happened, but the lenses on my glasses got super scratched, and I don't have the money to buy new lenses right now...so, contacts it is!  It's been funny wearing my contacts at work, because until a few weeks ago when I stopped wearing my glasses, nobody had ever seen me without glasses before.  One of the teachers I have worked with quite a bit had no idea who I was when I came into a meeting one day...it was pretty funny.

I'm linking up with Molly for Let it Shine and Marissa for Sunday Best!

No comments: