Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

9.18.2014

An Ode to Fall

Dress: Target, thrifted | Jacket: JCPenney | Booties: Payless | Necklace: Gift from my parents


Like basically all the bloggers, fall is my favorite season, but it's not for the pumpkin spice lattes (never had one, never will...), the start of football season, or even for the fashion.  For me, fall represents an interesting mixtures of beginning - which I attribute to the beginning of the school year - and end (things are starting to die).  I live in Minnesota, which means we have short but absolutely stunning falls.  The leaves begin to change colors and turn bold shades of orange, red, and gold.  The grass starts to get frosty in the mornings.  The sky is clear, the clouds are fluffy, and the breeze is crisp.  Fall is my favorite season to be outside, to enjoy nature, to reflect.

Let's be real, though, fall fashion is hands-down the best, as well, though.  I've always loved layering up in sweaters, boots, and scarves, and I love all of the rich colors that become prevalent in the fall.  I like being able to wear leggings, boots, and a sweatshirt outside when I'm walking my dogs - I feel the warm sun on my skin but I don't need to worry about my puffy winter jacket yet.

Some of my favorite fall items of clothing are in this outfit.  Let's discuss:

  1. Utility jacket | This jacket is perfect for the fall because it's a fantastic weight, olive green is a great fall color, and I love how I can toss it on over basically every tank and tee that I own, and it makes the outfit more appropriate for the weather and season.
  2. Versatile black dress | I know we all know the merits of a little black dress, but this casual black dress is great specifically for the fall.  It can be worn with ankle booties and bare legs like I did here, but when it gets a little cooler, I can wear it with tights or leggings and tall boots as well.  Additionally, the color and style of this dress make it ideal for layering.
  3. Booties | I love a good pair of tall boots like other women and tend to live in them once it gets cold and snowy outside, but ankle booties are fantastic for the fall.  They cover your toes without making your whole leg all sweaty on those warmer fall days.
  4. Dark neutrals | Now, I've basically converted most of my closet to neutrals, but that's just because they work!!  I love how they can be mixed and matched with each other with little-to-know thought.  These darker neutrals like black, olive, and brown look great together in the fall.
I'm linking up with Bri for Third Thursday Threads today, and I can't wait to see and hear all about everyone else's fall favorites.

No comments: