Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.26.2014

Casual + Professional, Warm + Cool

Top: Old Navy | Skirt: Bettie Page | Shoes: TOMS

My school district has a mentoring program for all new employees, and I wore this outfit on the day all the new teachers spent the day with our mentors.  Luckily, my mentor is one of the other counselors on my team, so I've gotten to know her a little bit over the course of the summer.  We had a great day together, going through the process of enrolling new students and what I should expect for the first couple of weeks of school.  I click with her so well, and she was very affirming that I have been doing a great job so far.  Whew!

I have only worn this skirt one time since it was featured in my winter 30x30 remix in January, which I hadn't really realized until I began outfit planning for the school year.  Whoops!  I do really love the skirt and it couldn't be more comfortable with the stretchy waistband (elastic waistbands are a godsend, right?!).  I love the dark gray color, and decided to pair it with this white + navy polka dot blouse that also hasn't been worn nearly enough.  Some navy crocheted TOMS and a navy floral headband tied everything together.

These workshop days have been kind of tricky to dress for, because I want to look casual to fit the tone of the day, but also put together enough to show that I am a professional as well.  We also were in the midst of a wave of wickedly hot and humid days, but spending our days in the air conditioned basement of the high school, so I wanted to make sure I was comfortable for multiple temperature changes.  I think this outfit fits all the criteria: the skirt and button up are nice enough to fit our school's dress code and address the temperature issues, but it is casual enough for me to be ready to learn and work.

No comments: