Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.08.2014

20x30 | Recap!

Whew, I made it through another remix challenge!  I'm super proud of myself for remixing the same 20 pieces over the past month.  I've learned so much about my style and closet over the past year and a half and after successfully completing three remix challenges.  For instance, I enjoy coming up with new outfit combinations that I haven't tried before, and I like learning how to make the most out of the items I have.  It's a great reminder to me that I really don't need to have a lot of things in my closet to create a wide variety of outfits for different settings and situations.

A few thoughts about the outfits and my specific pieces:
  • Favorite outfits: 13, 14, 21, 26, 30
  • Least favorite outfits: 7, 8, 10, 17, 20
  • MVPs of the challenge: My green vest and denim shorts, each of which were worn six times.
  • Favorite item of the challenge: My floral skirt (worn four times) and pink & white striped dress (worn three times) helped to create some of my favorite outfits.
  • Least worn items: The light pink lace top, white lace top, and navy & white striped top, which each got worn twice.
  • Biggest challenges: I had to create "nicer" outfits for going in to work at my new job a few days as well as plenty of casual outfits for nannying.
Also, I think I might be getting rid of some of these items after the challenge.  The white skirt, while so cute, gets very wrinkly, which I find to be quite annoying.  I may keep it around for a while longer since I don't have many work-appropriate skirts, but it may not make it.  The navy & white striped top has a hole in the sleeve (not on a seam...like in the middle of the sleeve), so I'll have to get rid of that one too.  The light pink lace top is so pretty, but it is way too boxy on me for comfort, and since it is sheer in the front and back, it probably isn't work appropriate.  I got a marker stain on my mint shirt while nannying one day that won't come out, which is such a bummer - I love that tee!

So, there you have it.  Another remix challenge complete!  Do you have any favorite outfits from this challenge??  Do you think you could wear the same 20 pieces of clothing for a month?  I'd love to hear your thoughts and reflections!!

No comments: