Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.12.2014

Too Many Patterns?

Shirt: Lucky Brand, thrifted
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: TOMS
Necklace: Maurices


You're seeing things correctly in this picture...I'm wearing three different patterns: stripes, polka dots, and leopard print.  A little bit out of the box for me, who is still kind of on the fence about pattern mixing in general, but I actually didn't mind it!

I've been wearing lots of casual outfits lately, since I'm done with school and my summer nannying gig won't begin until mid-June.  I've been reading lots, catching up on TV shows I haven't been watching for the past few years, spending time with Kevin, and playing with our dogs a lot.  This means a lot of leggings-as-pants (no shame!) and cozy sweatshirts and sweaters (because it's also been cold and dreary in Minnesota lately).  I'm going to try and get my act together and start wearing some more "real" clothes soon so I can take pictures for the blog!  Now that I have some time to spare (oh my gosh, copious amounts of time), I'm looking forward to dedicating more time to my blog.

I tweeted earlier about how I'm so eager to be reading for fun again now that I'm done with mandatory readings for school.  Thirteen books are on my list, and in order to finish them all, I need to read an average of about 50 pages a day.  I'm up for the challenge!  I used to be a huge bookworm, but starting in college, when I needed to read a buttload of pages a night for class, the joy of reading faded for me.  Since I'm not planning to go back to school for several years (I'm a nerd and I know I won't be able to stay away for too long!), I'm eager to read for fun again.  I think I'll probably keep you all updated about the status of my summer reading - I'm starting off with Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent series.  My best friend loaned it to me over winter break, and I am finally getting to it.  I've already read 200 pages of it today - it's so good!!

No comments: