Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.08.2014

Striped Dress, Two Ways

Dress: c/o eShakti
Shoes: Skechers



Jacket: Levi's
Flats: Payless
Necklace: Gift from brother's girlfriend 


I was contacted by eShakti a few weeks ago to review one of their dresses.  I was so excited, because I  have been a fan of eShakti for years.  I even wore one of their dresses in my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's wedding two years ago!  In looking at their selection of dresses, I had a really hard time deciding which one to get, but ultimately this striped dress jumped out at me.  I loved the versatility of the black and white stripes (I may have multiple black and white striped dresses, but I love them all and wear them often), and the retro style of the dress is a shape that works well for my body type.

One thing that I love about eShakti is that you can customize your dress to your body's measurements, and change up little pieces of the dress according to your preferences as well.  I sent in my measurements to eShakti and asked for some little sleeves on the dress, and was so impressed with my dress when I received it a few weeks later.  The dress fits me perfectly, and I love how comfortable it is.  It comes with a removable belt, which I wore in the first photo.  Also...POCKETS.  I loooove dresses with pockets!

I wanted to show a couple of different ways to style the dress in this post.  The first outfit is a bit more on the "nicer" side, and allows the dress to shine.  I stuck with black accessories and wedges, but any color would look good with this dress.  In the second outfit, I wanted to dress the dress down a bit (haha, see what I did there?), so I added my denim jacket and leopard flats.  The lime necklace gives the look a little color.

One of my best friends is getting married this summer, and I'm strongly considering wearing this fun dress to her wedding - I love it and feel wonderful in it!

No comments: