Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.20.2014

Sneakers

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Eddie Bauer, thrifted
Shoes: Converse
Necklace: Maurices

In college, I was the queen of the sneakers.  I had several pairs of Converse Chuck Taylors and was drawn to fun, colorful sneakers.  They were kind of "my thing," to the point that Kevin and I even got married in them!  When I started my first professional job out of college, I couldn't wear sneakers all that often anymore, so I wound up getting rid of all of them except one pair (the ones I'm wearing here - my wedding shoes), and became a flats + boots kind of girl.

But lately, I've seen so many outfits on blogs and Pinterest featuring dresses or skirts with sneakers, and I've been bitten by the sneakers bug again.  Some of my favorites can be seen on Audrey, Anne, and Beth.  I had forgotten how adorable this combo can look!  I decided to try it out with this gray and white striped fit & flare dress that my mom bought me recently.  It was a bit chillier when I wore this outfit last week, so I added my pink cardigan for an extra layer and a splash of color.  I felt amazing in this outfit all day, and I loved wearing the dress + sneakers combination.  I also used a gift card and bought a couple more pairs of sneakers to round out my collection and replace some old, icky flats that I don't wear...so you'll definitely get to see some more outfits like these in the future!

Would you ever wear sneakers with a dress or skirt?

No comments: