Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

5.19.2014

Bookworm

Shirt: H&M
Jacket / Jeans: JCPenney
Flats: Payless


I learned how to read when I was three-years-old, and by the time I was in kindergarten, I was reading chapter books at at least a 3rd grade level.  From the time I started reading until college, I had a book in my nose all the time, just like Belle.  I, very frequently, would read a book in a day, or would be in the middle of three books at once, just to switch things up.  When I got to college, though, the required readings for my classes kind of took the joy out of reading for pleasure for me (and I am one of those nerdy girls who reads every assigned page for every class...).  So, as I mentioned in my post last week, I was so excited when I graduated from my Master's program so that I could read for fun again!

On Saturday, I literally read all day - I finished reading Insurgent, and read all of Allegiant...nearly 600 pages.  I felt like I was in high school again.  I stopped reading only to get food, let the dogs outside, and go to the bathroom.  I never opened my computer.  I just read.  It was glorrrious.  It was also the perfect weekend for me to read a ton because I've been sick with a cold and not wanting to do much of anything else.  I know that I'm months behind on the Divergent series trend, but I'm dying to talk about the books.  If you want to discuss them, let me know!  I'm always up for a good literary chat :)

The next book on my list is a very different style: Passing, by Nella Larsen.  It's been sitting, unread, on my bookshelf for far too long, and I'm eager to read it.  It's a short book, a little over 100 pages, so I'm hoping to breeze through it.

What are you all reading now?  Any must reads I should put on my list??

No comments: