Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.11.2014

Outfit Math

Blouse: Old Navy, thrifted
Cardigan: Old Navy
Pants: New York & Company
Boots: Target, thrifted new
Necklace / Headband: Target


So, a few of the bloggers that I follow (AJ and Danielle, among others) have been talking a lot recently about the concept of "outfit formulas."  I have been trying hard to figure out what my go-to outfit formulas are.  I think I've landed on a few that seem fairly prevalent for me:

1. Button up + cardigan + skinny pants + flats or boots + necklace (1, 2, 3)
2. Dress + cardigan or blazer + boots + scarf (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
3. Top + blazer + skinny pants + flats or boots + scarf (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
4. Tucked in top + a-line skirt + scarf or necklace + flats or boots (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I find myself gravitating toward combinations like these, especially when I'm not sure what to wear.  I guess I'm also trying to get the most out of layering for the time being, since I know that once the summer hits, I'll miss being able to throw a cardigan or blazer on over every outfit!

Today's outfit is a color scheme that I don't usually feel drawn to (despite my life for coral, I'm much more drawn to cool and darker colors).  I wish I had worn different boots, though - the black boots look way too heavy for this outfit.  My favorite part is probably my yellow pearl necklace.  I don't reach for it often, but when I do, it makes the outfit!

No comments: