Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

3.17.2014

"Busy"

You guys, it wasn't until this semester of graduate school that I truly understood what the word "busy" meant.  All those times I talked about being busy before in my life?  I was lying.  That wasn't busy.  What I'm doing now is busy.

Here's what my schedule looks like these days:
  • Mondays: I leave home at 8am, work, have class, usually have a meeting, and come home at 10pm.
  • Tuesdays: I leave for my elementary school internship at 6am, drive an hour to my school, intern for 8 hours, drive an hour back, pick up Kevin, and then we both have night class.  We usually come home around 9pm.
  • Wednesdays: I leave home around 9am, work, have class, get home around 8:30, pack up my things for the next few days, and drive an hour to my parent's house, which is in the same city as my high school internship.  I get to their house by 10pm.
  • Thursdays: I leave my parent's house at 7:15am, intern for 8 hours, teach an ACT prep class until 5:15, and engage in self-care by spending a few hours with my best friend Andria on Thursday nights.
  • Fridays: Again, I leave my parent's house at 7:15am, intern for 8 hours, pack up my things at my parent's house, drive home (usually takes a little longer due to rush hour traffic), and finally get home to breathe.
  • Saturdays and Sundays: HOMEWORK.
On top of all of this, I'm trying to take care of our house and dogs, spend time with Kevin, search for and apply for jobs, do a ton of homework (lots of papers, reading around 300 pages a week, studying for quizzes), write my thesis (which is due a week from today), plan for my groups with students for the following week, prepare for a presentation I'm giving in May at a state conference, blog, stay in touch with you all, and get ready to move.

To say that I'm feeling swamped and overwhelmed right now is an understatement.

Because my thesis is due in one week and I still have a ton of work to do on top of my regular homework load, I'm going to take another little blogging break.  Please, please know that I'm still following along with you all by reading blogs on my phone when I have a few minutes here and there.  When I am done with my thesis and have a better grasp on life, I will definitely catch up on commenting on your blogs from my computer, and return to a more regular blogging schedule.

I really hate taking breaks because blogging is fun for me, I like the creative outlet it provides, and I love talking and interacting with all of you, but I know that in order for me to get everything done in the next week or so, I need to focus on my school.  That's the priority!  I know you all will understand.

I'm trying to keep my sanity as well, so I've been trying to plan little things to do to decompress in the midst of all this stress and craziness.  Last night, for instance, I went to see Miranda Sings in concert at the Acme Comedy Club in Minneapolis with my parents, my brother, and two of my younger cousins.  I am a huge fan of Miranda and her counterpart Colleen Ballinger, so I really enjoyed the show.  I even got to meet Miranda/Colleen after the show and got my picture taken with her.  It was so much fun, and a very much needed break from my life as a student.

You also get to see my super short new haircut that I got a week and a half ago and really dislike.  Yikes.

Also, to tide you over, here is a quick outfit post from a few weeks ago that I just haven't blogged yet!

 Shirt: Kohl's
Cardigan: Target
Pants: Old Navy
Flats: Payless

It's not the most exciting outfit, but I liked the colors...and I love the studs on this blouse.

I promise that I will get back to my regular schedule before too long.  I just need to focus on my priorities - SCHOOL - for the time being!  Just a few more weeks until I'm done, really...May 10th is graduation day (not like I'm counting, or anything...ha!).  This summer, I'm planning to be a nanny for three darling girls (ages 11, 9, and 6), and I'm looking forward to a relaxing and carefree summer.  After the rigorous schedule I've had these past two years in grad school, I think I deserve it! ;)

No comments: