Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

2.28.2014

Budgeting Bloggers: February

You guys.  I did it.  I went a month without shopping!!

I'm pretty excited that I made it, and it makes me feel proud of myself for sticking with it.  I've never been great with self-control, especially when it comes to something that I really like...like shopping.  I'm not really sure what was different about this month that allowed me to actually stick to no shopping.  I think part of it is that I've been so busy this month with school, that I honestly don't have time to go shopping at all. [That's one perk of grad school, right?!]  I think another part of it is that I really sat down and looked at my closet.  When I see all that I have, it makes me feel a little ridiculous in wanting more, because I have plenty as it is now.

Kimmie recently wrote a post about her closet inventory, and I'm hoping to put together a similar post for myself in March.  I love the idea of keeping track of how many items I have and seeing how it shifts over time.  I think checking in every couple of months will keep me accountable and aware of what I have, what gets worn, what doesn't, etc.

I also have been doing some work on my blog lately, and I've finally taken the time to update my closet wish list page [check the menu bar at the top!].  I'm going to try and shop based off of my closet wish list for the most part, to keep myself limited in what I'm buying.  I am looking for very specific pieces, and I'm determined to not settle for any piece - I want to purchase exactly what I'm looking for!

So, there you have it - my spending for February and my plans for the future!

I'm linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers!

Oh, and because I don't feel like posting this without any pictures, here's an oldie of me with my crying Kim Kardashian iPhone case. [Good lord, I'm such a dork.]

No comments: