Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

2.17.2014

An Outfit, An Award, and Ten Facts

Shirt / Jeans / Scarf: Old Navy Cardigan: Target Boots: Bare Traps Socks: Kohls

Jess nominated me for the Golden Blog Award!  Thanks, Jess!  I thought I'd take the opportunity (since I don't have a lot to say about this outfit today other than I love it) to give you some more random facts about myself (a couple of other posts with random Brynn facts can be found here, here, and here).


Here are the rules for the award:
- Use the award logo in the post, or create your own.
- Link to whoever nominated you.
- Write 10 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Tell the bloggers so they know they have been nominated!

Without further ado...10 random facts about me!

1. I used to be a huge fan of American Idol and religiously watched it from season 2-9 (and pieces of seasons 10-11).  My love of the show definitely fizzled as time went on, but now with the new judges, I'm watching it again this season.  I have a massive crush on Harry Connick Jr.  No shame.

2. I have really vivid dreams, and they're often scary and realistic.  A few weeks ago, I had a dream that I was on vacation at a beach, and a plane crashed literally on top of me and we all died.  [I die in my dreams way too often...that's probably not a good sign...]

3. I have a great memory for a lot of things (people, faces, names, birthdays, phone numbers, etc.), but I am especially proud of the fact that I can see a movie once or twice and remember a ton of lines.  I've seen the movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Sixteen Candles, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and The Incredibles so many times that I can recite almost the entire script.

4. I have one tattoo already, but I have plans to get (at least) 3 more.  I used to hate tattoos, but I think they can be great ways to express yourself in a number of different ways.

5. I have a lot of thoughts and opinions about the education system in our country.  I am an advocate for year-round school, I believe we should not be so focused on test scores, and I also don't like the idea of tenure.  I won't get into my explanations for why I believe all these things, but if you want to know more, just ask :)

6. I accept the fact that the television show Glee has gone downhill, but I was such an avid fan for its first three seasons that I can't NOT watch now.  I also have to admit that Cory Monteith's death affected me way more than it should have, given that I didn't personally know him. [Same with Philip Seymour Hoffman's death.  Addiction is scary, sad, and I wish there was more support for people who are struggling with addiction in our society.]

7. When I die, I want to donate my body to science.  I'll clearly have no need for it, and if it can help with training future doctors, I'd be happy to help out...even when I'm dead.  

8. I have had the same favorite band since I was 6 years old: Barenaked Ladies, or BNL, as true fans refer to them.  My parents started listening to them back in the early 1990s and since my brother and I listened to our parents' music, we learned all the words to their first few albums.  I went to my first BNL concert when I was in first grade.  We sat in the front row and my brother and I knew all the words - the band was so impressed, ha!  Since then, I've seen BNL in concert close to 10 times, and even went on a cruise that they hosted.

9. My favorite celebrity is Ellen Degeneres.  I pretty much love everything about her, and I desperately want to be an audience member on her show! 

10. I am making a list of things I want to start doing when I am done with graduate school and have a little bit more time.  Some of the things on my list: learn how to play roller derby, get really good at yoga (and try out hot yoga), re-learn how to play guitar, foster more dogs, and plan a surprise weekend trip for Kevin and myself.

There you have my 10 facts!  I always feel awkward nominating people for things like this, but if you have 10 random facts you want to share either in the comments or in a blog post of your own, I'd love to read them!!

No comments: