Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

1.23.2014

30x30 + Pinned It and Did It: Another Day Off

Shirt: The Limited, thrifted Cardigan / Pants: Old Navy Booties: Payless Scarf: Gift

Today, we're experiencing another ridiculously cold day with windchills around -45 degrees.  Many school districts (including mine) have closed schools for the day, so that means I have another unexpected day off!  I'm feeling a little conflicted about it.  On the one hand, I'm bummed I'm going to miss seeing my kiddos until next week and I need the internship hours, but on the other hand, I have a bonus homework day (which is already much needed).  Oh, Minnesota, you're so unpredictable!

The outfit for today is inspired partially by this pin.  I fell in love with coral over the summer, and pinned a ton of outfits featuring coral pieces.  I really loved how the coral and khaki looked together in the inspiration pin, so I decided to put together a winter outfit based on its colors.

I'm just going to talk for a minute about this cardigan, if that's alright.  So, I resisted buying any boyfriend cardigans forever because I thought I wouldn't like how they looked on me.  Boy, was I wrong.  I adore this cardigan!  It's a great weight, length, and fit for me, and the color is so versatile.  Now I have a confession to make.  So, I have been doing great at not shopping in January, but I happened to have some SuperCash that I got from post-Christmas shopping (plus my sister-in-law's SuperCash that she didn't think she'd be able to use...) plus some rewards to use at Old Navy.  Instead of letting them go to waste, I ordered a couple more of these cardigans in other colors as well as a few button-up shirts (I've tried so many button-ups, but Old Navy's are by far my favorite!) for a steal.  I'm proud of myself for limiting my purchases to only things that will be workhorses in my wardrobe, and for taking advantage of all the SuperCash and rewards!

Linking up with Heather for Pinned It and Did It and Bri for Third Thursday Threads!

No comments: