Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

1.02.2014

30x30: Dressed for a Plane Ride

 

Dress / Cardigan / Leggings: Old Navy Jacket: JCPenney Scarf: Birthday gift from my parents Boots: Guess Belt: Came on a different dress

As you're reading this, I'm on my way to Charlotte, NC to visit my dear friend Casey!  I bought my plane tickets back in October, so we've been waiting for such a long time for this day to arrive!  This is my first time in the Carolinas, and I couldn't be more excited to explore the area with Casey and her husband, Chris.

Casey and I both happen to have this polka dot chambray dress, and a while back, we joked about how funny it would be if we were wearing it at the same time.  It wasn't until I started packing for my trip that I realized that this dress would actually be a great dress to bring along with me.  It's incredibly comfortable, doesn't wrinkle easily, and layers nicely.  I thought it would be a great dress to travel in as well.  I'm not the kind of person who wears sloppy clothes on an airplane, but I'm certainly not the kind of person to wear heels and a suit either.  This dress is a happy medium - comfortable enough to be worn for the 3 hour flight, but cute enough that I can hop off the plane and start exploring Charlotte with Casey.

I wanted to dress in layers as well, since I usually fluctuate between freezing cold and sweating on airplanes.  My cardigan covers my arms (the dress is sleeveless), and the green jacket provides another barrier against the cold (especially since I'm starting my trip in frigid Minnesota!).  I love the pop of color from my coral scarf, which also serves as another way to keep me warm and cozy.

I'll be back tomorrow with another outfit!

No comments: