Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

11.19.2013

An Ode to Vests

Sweater / Jeans: Old Navy Vest: Christopher & Banks, thrifted Shoes: Target Scarf: From my mom

You guys, I just really love vests.  I have my green vest that works great for all seasons, and I used to have a cream vest that I loved, but accidentally shrunk in the wash.  I've been looking for some more winter-appropriate vests to wear with sweaters and long-sleeved tees.  While I adore the J.Crew Factory vest and the J.Crew quilted puffer vest that have been worn by every other blogger this fall, I cannot stomach the huge price tag on either.  Instead, I decided to hit up my local Goodwill to see what kinds of vests they had.  Oh, man.  I hit the jackpot!  I was able to find this beautiful purple quilted vest from Christopher & Banks for $4.  It's similar to the J.Crew version (and the Old Navy version), but in my favorite color - a rich plum - and for a fantastic price.  I also found a black Kenneth Cole Reaction puffer vest for $4, which is a fantastic deal, as these usually run over $100!  On the same trip, I also picked up a red puffer vest and a pink one.  I think I'm set on vests for a while now!

Today, I decided to style the purple vest with my camel sweater, a pair of skinny jeans, my camel ankle boots, and a pretty pink scarf.  I wore this outfit on a Sunday a couple of weekends ago, and then I wore it again for class the next evening - no shame.  It is comfortable, cozy, warm, and perfect for studying!

No comments: