Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

9.05.2013

Pinned It and Did It

Top: Old Navy Cardigan: Target Pants: JCPenney Flats: Payless Necklace: From my mom

You guys!  I finally got my butt in line and am able to participate in Heather's Pinned It and Did It link up!  It's amazing what a little pre-planning can do :)

I am not always the best at looking back at my Pinterest boards to actually make my pins come to life, and I had forgotten about some of the gems I have pinned previously.  When I saw this pin (from the blog heart of a blonde), I knew I had to recreate it for this challenge.

I got these pants last month while shopping for work appropriate pants with my mom.  I mentioned yesterday that I prefer wearing neutrals, but this hasn't always been the case.  When I was growing up, I was absolutely obsessed with bright colors, particularly pink and lime green (the walls in my bedroom were lime green for a few years...).  These pants are mostly black and white, but they have a little splash of lime and I totally love them.  They're a perfect blend of "old me" and "new me."  I thought my neon green top would look nice with the pants as well, and I actually really like how the look came out.  It's definitely my own take on the outfit from heart of a blonde, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

Oh, I also tried to take a detail shot so you could see the print on the pants better.  It was really awkward trying to take this shot, haha...oh well.  I have tried before to take a similar shot but including my top half and I cannot get it to look right.  Anyone have any tips?

No comments: