Nav Bar

Me Me Me Me

8.22.2013

Playing with Textures

Shirt: Gap Skirt: Target Flats: Payless Necklace: Maurices 


I participated in a research study a couple of weeks ago and was paid with an American Express gift card and a store credit to Maurices.  I was able to purchase two necklaces and two tops from Maurices with my store credit, and today I decided to bust out the first necklace.  This is probably the showiest necklace I have, but I really like it.  The white makes it pretty versatile, and I really actually like how it looks layered on top of this blouse.  I like the mix of textures in the outfit as well.  The angular print on my skirt is softened by the swiss dot texture on the shirt, and I think it works well.  If nothing else, it adds a little interest to the outfit!

This morning, we welcomed all of the new first-year graduate students to our program, and I was so excited to help out.  I remember being in their shoes last year and not really knowing what to expect.  I was nervous for graduate school but so eager to get started.  I can't believe I'm about to begin my last year of my Master's program!  Classes start on Monday!

No comments: